Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wacky Wednesday

1) What are you looking forward to today?

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks?

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year?
Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• 1) What are you looking forward to today?

I'll be done doing everything for the day probably by 8pmish tonight. This week I'm playing in an Opera and this is our only night off. I've had and will have rehearsals/performances until 11pm every night this week other than today!

A few things, hopefully finishing off my research proposal for my disseration. Also DH and I are going through a huge patch of uncertinity regarding his degree right now. I'm hopeful that in a few weeks we will have more answers about what the rest of this semester/next semester will hold for him and by extension me.

Hopefully DH and I graduating in May with our doctorates, then our mega trip to Orlando (Disney, Universal etc...) and hopefully moving somewhere for the full time job that one of us will have! Then we can start thinking possibly about starting a family (FINALLY!).
  • 1) What are you looking forward to today? World Series Game 2!!!

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? Hopefully a Giants World Series trophy. Also our mega epic Disney wine and food adventure

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? Our annual Spring Training trip in March, and hopefully another getaway with my sister. 
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
    Getting out of work...I am bored out of my mind!!

A break from my kids sports and not running around almost everyday of the week. At least for a month or so until the next one starts.

Vacations!

Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07

Reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue tonight.

For our house crap to be done.  J is doing new siding.  It's looking awesome, but it's taking forever since it's getting dark early so he really only has the weekend to do it.  That and I want to just get our new washer and dryer.  J has to kick start the dryer to work and I'm just not interested in having to collect him every time I want to do laundry.  Especially since he's working on the house.

Meh.  Not a whole lot.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• One dejected me coming up...sorry. 

1) What are you looking forward to today?  I was looking forward to my RE appointment today...but that's over and it sucked.  So I guess I'm looking forward to bed. 

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? Halloween party and drinking.

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? I don't know.  I used to have a clear picture what I thought would happen in the next year, but i've had that thought for years now and it never happens.  So...in the next year?  Maybe I'll go to China with the hubster over the summer.  He may be working on a show in Beijing, then Hong Kong, with a stop in Hawaii on the way back. 
    my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

• 1) What are you looking forward to today? Right before I had to leave for work I finally got into a yoga pose I thought was way beyond my ability.  I can't wait to go home and work on it some more!

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? Seeing my niece and nephew

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? We are tentatively planning a trip to Jamaica with my sister and her husband
    imageimage image
    Jen748
    Well, my computer crapped out at work so that shot my day to hell.  Now I'm home and listless.  Might take the car for an oil change.  Whee.  I'm in a mood. I have so much to do.

The college is having a New Orleans themed ball in November.  And I always love Thanksgiving.

The exhibit I've been working on will FINALLY be installed.  I'm shooting for the middle of January for an opening, but the sooner I can get that bad boy up the better.  I'm having foot surgery in December, and while that sucks, hopefully my foot will start feeling better as a result.
  • 1) What are you looking forward to today? Going home for the day and going to sleep. Zzzzz

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? Taking my mom out for her bday, going out with the dude I'm seeing or junewhatevs, the kid finally picking out her bleeping Halloween costume.

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? Moving further with my writing career, getting more sleep, maybe taking a beach vacation with my daughter. 
  • 1) What are you looking forward to today? Going home, having something delicious to eat, and snuggling with my kiddo.

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? We're getting family photos done in a few weeks at a local tree farm. I'm excited. It's a beautiful place.

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? The arrival of baby # 2
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Honestly? Bedtime. I swear that one or both of my kids have needed something from me every.single.time I've tried to start something.

My dad won tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins game next week. We'll be in a box with all you can eat and drink privileges. DH and I are getting a hotel for the night, so it should be a good time.

I've been trying to really focus on a few specific goals that I want to accomplish, so I'm hoping to make some major progress with them in the next year.
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • 1) What are you looking forward to today?  I already had my thrill for the day so I am good.  I will just settle to looking forward to beer.

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks?  Pats/Brocos game on 11/2

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year?  Still being alive (god willing).
    90 books in 2015?
    Sounds lame I know but watching Survivor under my heated blanket.

STARTING MY NEW JOB!! AHHHH!!! I put in my notice tomorrow.  I've been searching for a while so I'm super pumped that one of the places I really wanted to get into hired me.

Putting some finishing touches on the house.  We had a lot of tragedy this year so I'm looking forward to getting back some normalcy.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• denmanam said:
    1) What are you looking forward to today?
    Honestly? Bedtime. I swear that one or both of my kids have needed something from me every.single.time I've tried to start something.

My dad won tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins game next week. We'll be in a box with all you can eat and drink privileges. DH and I are getting a hotel for the night, so it should be a good time.

I've been trying to really focus on a few specific goals that I want to accomplish, so I'm hoping to make some major progress with them in the next year.
    Sweet!!  Super jealous!  Go Pens!
  • 1) What are you looking forward to today? Going to bed.  Also, hoping the Royals will win tonight or my husband is going to be in a foul mood.

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? The end of the semester.  I'm ready to be done with my class and for a big work project to be complete.

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? I haven't really thought about next year yet.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• 1) What are you looking forward to today? I was looking forward to buying my sister's baby shower gifts after work.

2) what are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? My licensure exam is coming up, and even though I am nervous as hell, I'll be glad to get it over with (if I pass). Also Halloween :)

3) What are you looking forward to in the next year? Passing the licensure exam, starting full time at my job, having my first real garden next summer, first Christmas in our new home.