Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thursday Randoms

Go!
116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wes: 10/8/2012

Re: Thursday Randoms

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I think the universe is telling me that I'm going on a journey to make some changes.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Ever since I did Wesley's nursery (two years ago) in an owl theme, everyone thinks I OMG love owls.  I get small gifts from friends and family with owl related items.  I've received 3 coffee mugs, socks, greeting cards and even an owl contact lens case.  They always give them to me with a comment like, "I know how much you love owls".  The gesture is really sweet, but I really don't NEED anything.  I do like owls, but I'm not sure how it got to be that I love them so much that I need them printed on my socks.  Though I don't want to say anything because I'd hate to hurt these people's feelings.  So, yeah, random.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

fabkRhymeReason
  • MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    SnShne322 said:
    Ever since I did Wesley's nursery (two years ago) in an owl theme, everyone thinks I OMG love owls.  I get small gifts from friends and family with owl related items.  I've received 3 coffee mugs, socks, greeting cards and even an owl contact lens case.  They always give them to me with a comment like, "I know how much you love owls".  The gesture is really sweet, but I really don't NEED anything.  I do like owls, but I'm not sure how it got to be that I love them so much that I need them printed on my socks.  Though I don't want to say anything because I'd hate to hurt these people's feelings.  So, yeah, random.
    DUDE MIL does this all the time. I posted a link to PandaCam on my FB wall back when the National Zoo first introduced live streaming for its baby pandas. MIL took that to mean ZOMG C7 LOOOOOOOVES PANDAS!

For the next five Christmases, I got panda books, panda PJs, panda slippers, panda ornaments, stuffed pandas, etc. It's like I'm freaking running a panda zoo up in here.
    image imageimage
    SnShne322RiverPlate
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    @snshne322 Same boat! I do like owls, but MIL went so far as to buy me a owl lamp because she knows how much I love owls. The same thing happened to me in hs/college. Ya I liked Scooby Doo, but I didn't need to have a billion scooby doo things.
    @MrsJenE  Congrats!! That is awesome! I would do the same thing!
    SnShne322
  • HoycieHoycie member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    @mrsjene - CONGRATS, SKINNY MINI!

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

MrsJenE
  • MrsJenE said:
    Not sure if this is a random, confession, humblebrag, whatever....

I bought a size 2 dress this past weekend.  I didn't buy it because I loved it and couldn't live without it, but because it's the first time I've been able to fit into a size 2 in a LONG time.
    Meanwhile I ate all the Gelato last night.  ALL THE GELATO.  

90 books in 2015?
    MrsC7fabk
  • MrsJenE said:

I bought a size 2 dress this past weekend.  I didn't buy it because I loved it and couldn't live without it, but because it's the first time I've been able to fit into a size 2 in a LONG time.

And I was SO jealous of your gelato.
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • I'm about a month overdue for a haircut and I cannot wait until my appointment this afternoon.  I look like a madwoman right now--hair is everywhere, a giant nimbus cloud of fluff, and I have fine hair.  

I'm with the rest of you on getting themed stuff from people, but apparently since I love my cats and cats in general, I love all cat things, too.  Oh no.  I don't want your tackyass tchochkes and tshirts.  I love cats, not decorating with/wearing them.  
  • HoycieHoycie member
    MrsJenE said:

I had wings and beer.  I regret nothing!

Joyce's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• MrsJenE said:
    MrsJenE said:

And I was SO jealous of your gelato.

At least you can't regret the size 2, I have all the regret for eating all the gelato.
    90 books in 2015?
  • My two year old wants to listen to the old song "Little GTO" on repeat.  I'm starting to have twitches.
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • HoycieHoycie member
    I LEAVE IN 5 DAYS AND I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING!!

MrsC7ShepherdjelMrsJenERiverPlate
  • My boss has informed us that our usual Thursday morning meeting will be held from 9-11, and we will be watching USA World Cup soccer.  YAHOOOOO! We're setting up the game on our big projector. 
    I would rather work than have to watch soccer.  
    I only watch soccer during the World Cup. But I LURVE the World Cup.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • I promised myself a ruby ring when I graduated last month since our school colors were maroon and white but I didn't want a class ring. I found this one at Helzberg last weekend and it's MINEALLMINE. Except that it had to be sized, so it won't actually be mine until July 8, but it's SO SHINY.

Lab-Created Ruby
    imageimage

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    RevJenfabkbooknerd226Shepherdjel
  • Apparently yesterday was the halfway point until Christmas.  It was on my mind, so I made my gluten free Christmas morning cinnamon rolls this morning. 
    my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

booknerd226Shepherdjel
  • We're having a 3 day celebration for my co-worker who is retiring *insert eye roll*. Today is trivia day and some of the girls took her out to lunch. I decided to stay in the office instead. I don't like having lunch with her in the office so I am not going to go out with her by choice. Not sure if this makes me really mean.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Whenever we make a homemade pizza, we always take the leftover to work the next day.  J ALWAYS eats 3 pieces.  I ask him not to, and to eat something else if he's still hungry so we can both have 2 pieces for lunch.  It's such a small thing, but it drives me nuts.  I always hate finding out that my/our lunches are so damn small because he eats a ton for dinner and couldn't possible eat something else to fill the gap.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• @hoycie - That Charlie Brown gif is my FAVE. Yay for FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!

@mrsjene - It's a humble brag of the very best kind. The last time I wore a size 2 I think it was my age. ::snaps for Skinny Jen::

@snshne322 - I LOVE OWLS! If you get any extraneous owls goodies you want to get rid of please feel free to send them to me. I seriously have a problem so much so that my daughter points out owl stuff to me whenever we're out shopping.

@booneybear - Thank you for reminding me I have a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough waiting for me at home. #nom

@Skeezon - Your dog is the epitome of a corgi. People are so bleeping weird.
    Skeezon
  • HoycieHoycie member
    edited June 2014
    SnShne322 said:
    Whenever we make a homemade pizza, we always take the leftover to work the next day.  J ALWAYS eats 3 pieces.  I ask him not to, and to eat something else if he's still hungry so we can both have 2 pieces for lunch.  It's such a small thing, but it drives me nuts.  I always hate finding out that my/our lunches are so damn small because he eats a ton for dinner and couldn't possible eat something else to fill the gap.
    Maybe add a side salad or something else so he doesn't just fill up on pizza? Orrr make more pizza?

• SnShne322 said:
    Whenever we make a homemade pizza, we always take the leftover to work the next day.  J ALWAYS eats 3 pieces.  I ask him not to, and to eat something else if he's still hungry so we can both have 2 pieces for lunch.  It's such a small thing, but it drives me nuts.  I always hate finding out that my/our lunches are so damn small because he eats a ton for dinner and couldn't possible eat something else to fill the gap.
    I'm with @Hoycie, make some sides and pack your lunch first before he can get to it. I have to do this with my 10 year old who will eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks if I let her. She has two slices of pizza and a large helping of salad. 
  • Tomorrow is moving day!!! I'm so excited. I'm almost done packing and I stayed at the new house until well into the middle of the night cleaning. But I'm so excited to move into my new, clean house!

I did everything from scrub baseboards and shampoo carpets to scrub the bathrooms. I have never enjoyed cleaning so much!
    ILoveNGfabkShepherdjelSkeezon
  • SnShne322 said:
    I'm with @Hoycie, make some sides and pack your lunch first before he can get to it. I have to do this with my 10 year old who will eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks if I let her. She has two slices of pizza and a large helping of salad. 
    Oh, we have a salad along with pizza and he'll still go for the third slice.  It's like he can't physically eat less than three.  @Hoycie ; I'd rather not make an entire extra pizza so he can have another slice.  We won't end up finishing it.

I mean, I realize it's not a big deal, but when I'm looking forward to a nice lunch and it's not quite there, it's annoying.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• RiverPlateRiverPlate member
    Ancient Membership 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014

My 6-week old burps like a frat boy who's had too much beer.

I ate a container of peanut butter gelato for lunch today, and a container of caramel cookie gelato for lunch yesterday.  My gym membership comes off hiatus on July 1 and I am going to eat all of the food this week.

I love soccer, and it bums me out that FIFA refs call in favor of the big teams, and it's so predictable.  Also it bums me out that because of really obvious rookie mistakes by some players that their integrity may be compromised.

Dear Nigeria's Goalie, YOU CAN USE YOUR ARMS.  IT'S ONE OF THE SPECIAL THINGS YOU GET TO DO BECAUSE YOU'RE THE GOALIE.

HoycieMrsC7
  • MrsC7MrsC7 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper

I love soccer, and it bums me out that FIFA refs call in favor of the big teams, and it's so predictable.  Also it bums me out that because of really obvious rookie mistakes by some players that their integrity may be compromised.

Dear Nigeria's Goalie, YOU CAN USE YOUR ARMS.  IT'S ONE OF THE SPECIAL THINGS YOU GET TO DO BECAUSE YOU'RE THE GOALIE.

@RiverPlate The US got screwed out of so many calls in the Germany game. Dempsey gets clocked by two German players and nothing happens, but OK let's call Beasley out for nothing.

Also LOLforever re: Nigeria's goalie.
    image imageimage
  • I'm currently packing/taking a break from packing and as I was boxing up all of our board games I felt bummed that we haven't played them as much as we wanted to. I was so excited when we bought them lol. Need more game nights!
    fabkRiverPlate