Hi all, I have quite a dilemma and I am trying everything to resolve tge issue without negatively impacting my kitty (ie sending her to a shelter).
Roughly 8 months ago, my 8 year old cat stopped using her litterbox to pee. She uses it for number two, but urinates on the floor instead. We have tried the following to get her to stop:
1) Got her 3 of her very own litterboxes, filled with different types of litter.
2) Given her her own room at night, away from the other two cats. This was supposed to be a nursery, but now reeks so badly it's unusable.
3) Kitty calming pheromone diffuser
4) Vet visit -she checks out clean
5) kitty Prozac
6) standing and watching her until she very reluctantly gives in and pees in the box (this is the only time she does so).
7)covering the entire floor in that room with shower curtains. She just pees on the plastic.
I am beside myself and at my wits end. I know that if I give up and send her to a shelter, she'll end up euthenized (who wants an 8 year old cat that pees everywhere?). I just don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestion is really appreciated.