January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTF Wednesday

Post yours here!

WTF school board?!?

You give our supt a $20,000 raise in our budget crunch year?  I had to fight so hard for my job Nov-April.  Thankfully I get to keep my job, but not everyone is so lucky.  I have parents calling wanting to sign their student's up for summer school.  I have to tell them that we can't afford to run it this year, but her raise could cover 4 weeks of it for about 40 students.  Please tell me she held you ad gunpoint or something. No one in their right mind would make a decision like that.

Signed, a very disgruntled School Counselor

Re: WTF Wednesday

• I really hate crap like that.  Good ole boy system at work.  Can't afford to give the underlings a raise because we gave it to the people at the top.  And so what if they quit, there's more where they came from. :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ImperiumWife
  • jtmh2012jtmh2012 mod
    Moderator Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if this is a WTF, but my work had a get together today to show appreciation for everyone who worked hard and allowed us to win our contract re-compete.  Before I left, I got a to-go order for Joy because I know she's had a bad day at work.  It's sitting here right now getting cold because she's late getting off work.  Most likely because some customer who isn't going to buy crap or who doesn't qualify for credit or wants the item they don't have in stock walked in just before she got off.  So now I'm sitting here with no idea of when she's going to be home. X(

I really hate this job and wish she could find a better one.

Edit/Update: She got home about 40 minutes after normal, but at least she's home. :)
  • Glad that she is home!  Enjoy your night with her!

• Jean9dsJean9ds member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    WTF aunt. Yes, you and my uncle divorced last year, but you were together my whole life. I don't care who is blood relative and who isn't. You are both equally my aunt and my uncle. You were both equally invited to my graduation. I can't believe you have the audacity to call my uncle and tell him that since you can't go, he shouldn't be able to go since it's "your family." THEN text my mom today asking if he's "invited to christmas too" and "where we're going to draw the line with him." You're both my family. Both invited to MY graduation. Get over yourself.

WTF apartment. Why don't you pack yourself...

WTF pedicure place lady. Why did you take so long and keep messing up on my toes, having to redo them over and over again, in the same amount of time that my two friends were able to get flawless pedicures AND manicures. 

WTF friend who is buying my furniture. You were supposed to come Sunday to pick it up, then texted last minute saying your truck fell through. Rescheduled for Tuesday night. Texted last minute saying a different truck fell through. Rescheduled for Thursday morning. Yes, I do leave Sunday morning and need all of this stuff out of my apartment asap so I can properly clean it without being rushed last minute. Please be here in the morning

Yes, it's been a big WTF day :'(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• The aunt and uncle thing is not cool!  People need to learn to get over themselves and their drama to celebrate you!

• Jean9dsJean9ds member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    The aunt and uncle thing is not cool!  People need to learn to get over themselves and their drama to celebrate you!
    My aunt has been very selfish about the whole thing, unfortunately. Bleh. My mom said my aunt and uncle are still "hashing it out." and graduate is in 1.5 days. So frustrating
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Glad that she is home!  Enjoy your night with her!

Meh. By the time she got home it was watch her eat and go to bed because I have to be up at 5am to get to work. :(

• jtmh2012 said:
    Glad that she is home!  Enjoy your night with her!

Meh. By the time she got home it was watch her eat and go to bed because I have to be up at 5am to get to work. :(
    Such is my life basically.

Sorry about your Aunt and Uncle Jean. I hope they can become mature adults.

WTF- builder? Why do you feel the need to tell us we can do something and then try to sneak something over on us. I'm so tired of this, and I expected better of you.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• WTF- builder? Why do you feel the need to tell us we can do something and then try to sneak something over on us. I'm so tired of this, and I expected better of you.
    What now?
  • I'm a day layer but I have a few. WTF to my DH - first you are ready to buy a house, then its rent for another year or two, now you are back to looking at houses. I'm getting dizzy from your constant opinion changes. WTF to my landlord. You took the screen door to fix since it wouldn't stay on at least a month ago. I would love to have it back with this nice weather so I can leave my sliding door open without letting bees in and my child out.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jtmh2012 said:
    WTF- builder? Why do you feel the need to tell us we can do something and then try to sneak something over on us. I'm so tired of this, and I expected better of you.
    What now?
    The builder tried to have us sign that we were now responsible for all the electrical when we put in two outlets. It's all fixed now though. We have the septic in, almost all of the electrical, the wells are drilled, the concrete in the basement, garage, and front porch is poured. We also picked up the lights I ordered from the lighting store. The only lights I don't have yet are pendants over the island and the outside lights. It's going well so far...
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• The builder tried to have us sign that we were now responsible for all the electrical when we put in two outlets. It's all fixed now though. We have the septic in, almost all of the electrical, the wells are drilled, the concrete in the basement, garage, and front porch is poured. We also picked up the lights I ordered from the lighting store. The only lights I don't have yet are pendants over the island and the outside lights. It's going well so far...

Glad to hear things are back on track. :)