October 2011 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Monday!

How was everyone's weekend?  For those who celebrate Easter, I hope you had a wonderful Easter!  Does anyone have anything exciting this week that they're looking forward to?

AFM - Friday night, DH and I went to this ice cream place in the "old" part of the town we live in.  It's been there forever, and it's really good!  Afterwards, I met a couple of friends at a restaurant, and just hung for a bit.  Saturday, I did grocery shopping.  I hate grocery shopping on Saturday mornings!  I worked, and then had to make stuff for Easter. On Sunday, we went to church with my parents, and then went to his parents for lunch.  It was such a gorgeous day, and we were outside the whole time.  I got burnt some, but oh well!

This week, I don't have much of anything going on! :)

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

Re: Happy Monday!

• ky29ky29 member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Where did you go for ice cream.. Mrs Curls?  And your temps are still looking good.  FX!  How do they compare to previous months?

We had a nice weekend, although, it was so busy and flew by.  We spent Saturday at my parents.  My extended family came to visit for the day. My mom loves Easter, which always includes an Easter egg hunt for the 'kids'.  And this year, there was a twist - we were tied to our partners at the wrist, with like 3 ft of rope between us - just enough for people to get pulled around when running in different directions.  It was actually pretty funny, all the neighbors came out to watch.  My cousin and I were partners, and horrible egg hunters - so we were desperate and climbed the fence in our dresses to get to some easy eggs.  :)  I bet that was a sight.

Sunday we went to DH's parents house, with his sister & her boyfriend.  Then we played frisbee golf, which was fun, even though I can't throw a frisbee..

Friday, we closed down early so I bought some garden items and planted my first few things!!  Basically anything that does okay in the cold (just incase) - snap peas, herbs, onions, potatoes, strawberries, carrots and lettuce.  I noticed yesterday that one of my lettuce seeds already sprouted!  I'm weird, and overly excited about my garden.  

Nothing too exciting going on this week.  I am taking Friday off.  My mom's neighborhood is having a garage sale, so I'm going up there since we both have stuff to sell.  DH makes fun of me, that I'm taking a day off work to make $2 in a garage sale.  Oh well, I get paid for my time off, so who cares!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    U/S 4/15: Identical twins!
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

• Well, I worked 14 hours of overtime the past two weeks so ice been exhausted. This is the first year I didn't have to work on Easter so that was nice.

Friday I worked late til almost ten, came home and went to bed. Saturday we went to the Polish Food Store to get some things for Easter, then our old roommate had a crawfish boil so we stopped by for awhile before then going to H's cousin's bday party. Needless to say, we were wiped by the end of it all.

Sunday we had an egg hunt for the kiddo and then relaxed for a bit. Somehow, we managed to end up not having to go to mil or fil's so we got to stay home all day which was really nice. I made our polish dinner and it was soooo good.

I have off today so I really need to catch up on some stuff around the house. I broke my little toe last weekend and have been hobbling around ever since.

• @ky29 - Yes!  We went to Mrs. Curls.  I love that place! 

As for the temps, I'm hoping they're still going well!  I didn't like that it dropped a couple of tenths over the weekend, but still above baseline.  In comparison to other months at 9 DPO, they're pretty much on average.  I still don't know my progesterone level...If I haven't heard anything today, I'm going to call them.  But, in past months, my temp has taken a nosedive in the next day or two on average, so we'll see.  Still holding out hope!

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• ky29ky29 member
    Love Mrs Curls!  I think my favorite part is the teddy graham they put in the cone.  I wonder if we've ever crossed paths in Greenwood, haha.

TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

• We had a very starch-filled weekend. H and I made the four-hour drive to my parents' on Friday after work. Saturday, I got up and had to work from there, so annoying. H and my brother-in-law took my dad golfing and my mom and i did some cooking and hid Easter eggs for my nieces and nephews. The youngest is 10 but my mom still insists they do it. Even my one niece, who is a sophomore in college -- she had a friend with her and my mom made eggs for her, too. Then we had dinner -- ham, potato salad, cheesy potatoes, corn, bread, fruit pizza and desserts. So.Many.Carbs.

Sunday, H and I went to church with my parents and then we had brunch with some friends and family at a local restaurant. This place was insane. The buffet had so much food, it was ludicrous. Cold food -- I would wager about 10 pasta salads, other veggie and fruit salads, smoked salmon, charcuterie and cheese. Hot food -- prime rib, ham, orange roughy, fried chicken, ribs, rice, mashed potatoes, peas, dinner rolls. Then an omelet and waffle station and a dessert station. There was no way we were going to eat last night.
  • We had a pretty relaxing weekend.  We spent a lot of time outside or in our house with the doors/windows open.  It was so nice!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• ky29 said:
    Love Mrs Curls!  I think my favorite part is the teddy graham they put in the cone.  I wonder if we've ever crossed paths in Greenwood, haha.

I've wondered this too!  haha
    Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• ky29ky29 member
    @ZeroOrchestra - No MIL drama over the holiday?  I don't believe it!  :)  How nice!

TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

athlete010688
  • ZeroOrchestraZeroOrchestra member
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    @ky29, hee! She did try to organize a bday party at our house, for herself, without telling/asking us, that we were supposed to buy pizza for, a few weeks back.

I also just found out she took the kids to a Catholic church on Friday and told them who knows what without any of our knowledge. We are not religious, and while we are fine with the kiddo deciding for himself, he's still barely 4, and it's inappropriate for her to do that. I know her and it wasn't an "informative" trip, it was a cram some Jesus into my grand babies because their heathen parents won't kind of thing.

Never a dull moment.

• Oh god, Zero. My parents like to bring my niece to church, but they at least tell my sister. My parents know full well that my sister is just enjoying the break from her kid!

I had Friday off and spent the whole day cleaning. I scrubbed the kitchen floor and cleaned all the dog hair out of the couch. Saturday H and I worked on scrubbing our concrete patio around the pool because the last storm left it looking brown/green. On Sunday we went to Busch Gardens and enjoyed that it wasn't crowded because of Easter. The longest we waited was 15 minutes for 1 roller coaster. It was awesome!
  • ky29ky29 member
    Haha, Zero, I love your MIL stories.  And I agree with you regarding church.  It's one thing to introduce your child to it - it's another for her to get involved.

In other news, I was rear ended last night.  :(  I am very sad for my car.  Luckily it's not too bad, and still drivable. 

TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

• Oh no Ky!  What happened? :(  Glad you're okay!

I knew not to get my hopes up...my temp dropped today.  :(

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• ky29ky29 member
    I saw your chart.  I'm sorry.  :(  But, hopefully your LP will last a little longer which will be a good sign for your cycles.  Did you ever get your progesterone level?

It was on 465, right before 65, stuck in the back up.  I looked back, and he had slowed down, but I think he was looking behind him and tried to cut over to the center lane, pushed on the gas while turning and slammed into me.  He was so mad (at himself, he apologized).  It was a new car - dealer plate still on it.

TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

• Oh no!  That sucks! :(  I hate 465 and 65!  I did just get my progesterone level.  She called me just now and said it was 11, so that means I ovulated.  She said they look for more than 10.
    Anniversary

TTC since June 2012