Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Verizon

I pay almost $200 a month for services. I wait 2 years to get a new phone, they offer me a "discounted price" on my phone but still charge me a $30 "upgrade fee"? WTF is that all about? Any new phone gets charged that. How are you eligable for an upgrade but still have to pay $30 for a "free" phone? Then you have to upgrade your actual account plan to whatever ass ramming fee they charge you for the exact same plan you had for the last 2 years. What a crock of shit! If they didnt have the best coverage we would switch in a heart beat.

Re: Verizon

• I know!!!' I'm so over Verizon, but would never leave because just about everyone I know except my brother and SIL have it. We will keep the phones we have now for as long as we possibly can because I don't want to give up unlimited data until I absolutely have too!
    Met 6.12.09 Engaged 09.29.10 I Do 10.22.11 
    BFP #1 8.19.12 Ectopic 8.29.12
    BFP #2 1.14.13 DS 10.6.13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 3e4e397b-bd1a-4854-a3fc-944df770c8e5_zps809b131e.jpg
  • Get your phone at best buy - no service charges.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mana8503 said:
    Get your phone at best buy - no service charges.
    Unfortunately I don't think that's true.... VZW will still charge the $30 upgrade fee to your account :(   The last time I upgraded my line, I bought the phone at Best Buy and that's what happened.

I hear ya though Mrs.Skiz!  Between cell phones and fios, I pay them entirely too much money every month!  It's redic!  They are jerks and know they can get away with it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm still on a plan with my mom (how grown up, huh?) and we have somehow avoided fees by not upgrading on the same day.  Don't ask me how it works, but it does.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2014

mana8503 said:

Get your phone at best buy - no service charges.

Unfortunately I don't think that's true.... VZW will still charge the $30 upgrade fee to your account :(   The last time I upgraded my line, I bought the phone at Best Buy and that's what happened.

I hear ya though Mrs.Skiz!  Between cell phones and fios, I pay them entirely too much money every month!  It's redic!  They are jerks and know they can get away with it.

--------

Weird, I got mine last may, mom and Jeff in July, didn't have any charges. Dad just got his Sunday, so I guess we'll see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmmm I got my last phone in Dec 2012 and H got his in April 2013, they charged us both the $30 upgrade fee on our bill that month, we both upgraded at Best Buy... I just went back and pulled up my old bills online to double check, I wonder if that's right that they charged me or if you are just extremely lucky Mana!?  

• @janma529 - You're cool! I was still on my mom's plan until way after I had T. I only switched to Shawn's plan because she kicked me off of her's ;)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think I pissed of the Verizon gods.... I just dropped my phone in the toilet (it fell out of my back pocket) .... DOH  

• I think I pissed of the Verizon gods.... I just dropped my phone in the toilet (it fell out of my back pocket) .... DOH  

That happened to me last week!
  • Mrs.Skiz said:

I think I pissed of the Verizon gods.... I just dropped my phone in the toilet (it fell out of my back pocket) .... DOH  

-----

This is why I keep my phone in my boobs and not back pocket.

Sorry it fell in the toilet.

• mana8503 said:
    I think I pissed of the Verizon gods.... I just dropped my phone in the toilet (it fell out of my back pocket) .... DOH  

----- This is why I keep my phone in my boobs and not back pocket. Sorry it fell in the toilet.

I dont have enough boobs for that.
    court115
  • Why is there any fee? Did you try calling customer service and bitch? Sometimes they say they will waive the fee "this one time"

court115
  • amcourt09 said:
    @janma529 - You're cool! I was still on my mom's plan until way after I had T. I only switched to Shawn's plan because she kicked me off of her's ;)

Thanks, homie!