Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Friday! What are you reading?

How do you like it so far? Is it for any of the challenges or just for fun?
Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Re: Happy Friday! What are you reading?

• I am listening to The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston. It is awful.
    I am reading a random book on my kindle. I forget what it is called. Its okay.
  • I'm reading Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. I'm enjoying it. It's # 17 for the year. 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
    Formerly known as Christy_Daisy's_Mom
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am listening to Dragonfly in Amber, which is good.  I'm almost done reading Wool, and I really like it.  I think I will start Little Bee next for my book club.
  • I just started Code Name Verity.  I'm really excited for this one because girls on here that normally enjoy the same books as me have raved about it.  It would be #35 for the year.
  • I am reading Sins of the Heart. It has been okay so far. I think it will be around 35 for the year.
    Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
    Anniversary
  • I'm finishing up The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld.  It's short but packs a huge punch.  And I'm about to start The Martian by Andy Weir.  I've hear nothing but raves about it, so I'm excited.
    image image image
  • Bedwetter by Sarah Silverman is the audiobook I started on the way to work last night. The first CD seems to be all about actual bed wetting. Kind of crazy. I'm going to try to fit it into WBC.
    I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler which is just ok. Another teenage cancer story, but focused on the patient's sister who is a somewhat unlikable character. It's my 3 word title for WBC.

These are books 12 and 13 for the year with a goal of 75.

• I'm reading something called The Laird on Kindle.  It's meh.  I thought it was going to be different than it was but I picked it up to have something to do while on jury duty yesterday.  

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Continuing my Outlander series reread with Drums of Autumn. It's #20? For the year
    75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
    It's slippery as waterweed.
  • I am still working on The Harding Era: Warren G. Harding and his Administration by Robert K. Murray for my presidential challenge (I am almost done though!)

I have about 20 more pages of The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney which I hope to finish up at my desk this morning.  I wasn't a big fan of this one.  

I am also reading The Americans (Kent Family Chronicles #8) by John Jakes.  This is the last book in the series. 

And I plan to start Snowblind by Christopher Golden today.  I am really excited for this one!  I was able to meet the author at christmas time and he read a excerpt from the book and it sounded awesome.  
    90 books in 2015?
  • I finished HP4 for my re-read this morning. I will be starting This Song Will Save Your Life next.

These are books 20 and 21 for the year. My goal is 50.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I just started The Firebird yesterday. It's #12 or 13 I think. I know I'm going to like it.
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just started The Archived by Victoria Schwab (#4).  I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm intrigued.
    Anniversary
              40 books in 2014?

2014: 4/40

[2010: 63] [2011: 35] [2012: 23] [2013: 27]

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I just read The Vincent Boys. Now I'm starting Deadly Night by Heather Graham.
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
  • I'm thinking about reading Everblue by Brenda Pandos or The Elite by Kiera Cass. I may just read both of them. Everblue is on my Nook, which is easy to read when feeding or holding the baby. The Elite is a hardback, and I'm trying to read through hardback and paperback books to make room on my shelves. They'll be #10 and #11 for the year. No challenges.
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • I'm listening to A Visit From The Goon Squad.  I'm enjoying listening to it but hoping it all comes together in the end to reveal some sort of point because I'm not feeling much of a plot at the moment.
    my read shelf:
    B's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • denmanam said:
    I'm thinking about reading Everblue by Brenda Pandos or The Elite by Kiera Cass. I may just read both of them. Everblue is on my Nook, which is easy to read when feeding or holding the baby. The Elite is a hardback, and I'm trying to read through hardback and paperback books to make room on my shelves. They'll be #10 and #11 for the year. No challenges.
    I've not heard of Everblue but The Elite is a fun read.
    my read shelf:
    B's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just started The Archived by Victoria Schwab (#4).  I haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm intrigued.
    Yay! I loved this book so much! I'm hoping to start The Unbound this weekend.
    my read shelf:
    SacGeoLover
  • I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, HP5 (reread) and Morning Glory by Sarah Jio.  They are all pretty good.  Hyperbole is hilarious!  I adore HP so I'm loving my reread.  I just started Morning Glory yesterday afternoon so I'm not very far in, but it seems pretty good.  They are 10-12 for the year.
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?
    image       Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm reading Code Name Verity.  I'm about 2/3 done and just had a WOAH moment. #16

I'm doing a re read (listen) of The Dream Thieves.  I love these boys and Blue. #17
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• beebe918 said:
    denmanam said:
    I'm thinking about reading Everblue by Brenda Pandos or The Elite by Kiera Cass. I may just read both of them. Everblue is on my Nook, which is easy to read when feeding or holding the baby. The Elite is a hardback, and I'm trying to read through hardback and paperback books to make room on my shelves. They'll be #10 and #11 for the year. No challenges.
    I've not heard of Everblue but The Elite is a fun read.
    I've had Everblue on my Nook for a long time. I think it was a really cheap book that I thought looked somewhat interesting. I really liked The Selection and have been looking forward to reading The Elite.
  • Skeezon said:
    I just read The Vincent Boys. Now I'm starting Deadly Night by Heather Graham.
    I liked The Vincent Boys.
  • SnShne322 said:
    I'm reading Code Name Verity.  I'm about 2/3 done and just had a WOAH moment. #16

I'm doing a re read (listen) of The Dream Thieves.  I love these boys and Blue. #17
    Ronan :x

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SnShne322
  • KrsCrp83 said:
    I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, HP5 (reread) and Morning Glory by Sarah Jio.  They are all pretty good.  Hyperbole is hilarious!  I adore HP so I'm loving my reread.  I just started Morning Glory yesterday afternoon so I'm not very far in, but it seems pretty good.  They are 10-12 for the year.
    @KrsCrp83 I have this waiting for me at the library! I am looking forward to it.
    Duxcaelo's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2011-goodreads shelf)
    Anniversary
  • duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:
    I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, HP5 (reread) and Morning Glory by Sarah Jio.  They are all pretty good.  Hyperbole is hilarious!  I adore HP so I'm loving my reread.  I just started Morning Glory yesterday afternoon so I'm not very far in, but it seems pretty good.  They are 10-12 for the year.
    @KrsCrp83 I have this waiting for me at the library! I am looking forward to it.
    It was SO GOOD!
    image image image
    Hoycie
  • duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:
    Just read her blog.  It is all recycled material.  

90 books in 2015?
  • duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:

Yep. I was a little disappointed.  It's still funny, but there really wasn't much new material.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• SnShne322 said:
    duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:

Yep. I was a little disappointed.  It's still funny, but there really wasn't much new material.
    That is kind of disappointing. At least I know now.

Anniversary
  • Reading Allegiant.  I'm about halfway through and I like it so far.  I am kind of dreading getting to the end, which so many people seemed to dislike.

Listening to Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford.  It is very good so far, but sad.  I'm crossing my fingers for a happy ending for everybody. 

• I'm a little more than halfway through The White Princess by Philippa Gregory.  I like it a lot, but I'm also in the middle of season one of the Starz series of The White Queen (I read the three books the series is based on a while ago), and it's giving me a little bit of time warp whiplash going back and forth between watching the mother (Queen) and reading about the daughter (Princess) and they're both roughly the same age in their respective vehicles.