January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Off again

ImperiumWifeImperiumWife member
2500 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in January 2012 Weddings
Don't get me wrong, I love snow, but it's starting to get a little bit ridiculous now. 

photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Off again

• How much snow do you guys have?
  • Another 1-3 inches today. Haven't actually looked how much. Just came at the exact wrong time- 7-10 am. 

In total, I think we have about 2 feet, which started about a week ago. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• We had just enough to leave a dusting on the cars.  Didn't stick to the roads.  You're welcome to send it down here.  I'd much rather be working from home.
  • It's not the being at home that bothers me, it's the fact that i'm afraid what crazy shit they are going to do to have us make it up. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• It's not the being at home that bothers me, it's the fact that i'm afraid what crazy shit they are going to do to have us make it up. 

It becomes a mess down here.  Don't know about the Richmond area, but in the Virginia Beach area they used to get anything that actually stuck so infrequently that they don't build snow days into the calendar.  So when something does start happening, they end up taking holidays, half days become full days, this year they're doing Saturdays.
  • Saturdays are what I'm worried about, since I have twirling competitions on Saturdays. 11 days is the current count. We actually had a snow day on one of our snow make up days.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Saturdays are what I'm worried about, since I have twirling competitions on Saturdays. 11 days is the current count. We actually had a snow day on one of our snow make up days.

I would guess if you were having school, the kids would be in school too.  Assuming the competitions would get moved?
  • They wouldn't, since they aren't through the school I work for.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• They wouldn't, since they aren't through the school I work for.

:(