January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Taxes

Have you done yours?

Pay in?  Or Getting a refund?

Plans for the extra money?

I am a little mad. We got ours done this afternoon.  I am getting back $31 dollars, and we ow $601.  I am a little mad!  It cost me $70.00 just to get my taxes done! I think why I am irritated is that this is the first year that we aren't struggling financially.  We aren't rich by any means, but we can go buy a dishwasher on not eat ramen for a month.    So to me it feels like once we start doing well, the government is like HAHAHA! nope, pay us more.  I know that this is irrational. Thank goodness I have a savings for this. Thank you MM board for helping us out!

Re: Taxes

• Yep. T's dad did ours about two weeks ago. We got our refund a week later. Double what we got last year. Thank you school credit.

We're using a chunk of it for Disney (plane tickets, paid off the reservation, some spending money, little things here and there, etc.). We are for sure getting a new bed. After that, we are saving the rest for an emergency fund.

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• It's time to do taxes?  :-/  hmmm.... Maybe I should do that... :-/

In all honestly though, I probably won't do them until March. I usually wait longer since I've always had to pay in. 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• IF you get a refund, what would you do with it?

We were going to start retirement accounts. How very grown up of us.  Guess that won't be happening!

• I've got them all done except for one tax form we haven't received from an investment.  Dumping the entire refund into my IRA....
    jjbmstinco
  • Ours are done and I am waiting for the money to deposit in the bank. We'll be paying off 2 credit cards with low balances, getting cloth diapers, and a sewing machine. The rest is going in savings.

• Probably putting it all in the house... 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• We are getting ours done at the end of the month. Hopefully we get a refund big enough to put a concrete patio in the backyard. Landscaping a yard is no joke. Right now we just have grass and a swamp where the patio needs to go.
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• Working on it. We owe about 2K. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it is. I am not buying anything.
  • Taxes are done and filed.  We actually got our return on Friday.  We got a decent amount, but not as much as P hoped.  Used the money to buy P a desk and the rest is home repairs and mortgage payments for the next month or two.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did ours on Saturday and I am very happy to say we are getting a fairly large return! We will be putting it in the savings account in case we have to move this summer.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • Our appointment is tomorrow. Fingers crossed that she gets us some money back this year!
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• Hmmm... Should still work on this, huh?

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I'm basically done. Just need to track down the HSA form that never came >.< But we will be getting a decent amount back. And it's going directly into savings. As soon as we're only paying for one rent come this June, we'll probably start looking into booking another vacation. But if anything, I'm definitely getting one of these bad boys:

I haven't decided which model yet (complete upright or compact) but definitely the animal version. With my big poofy cat, the vacuum needs all the help it can get
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I'm basically done. Just need to track down the HSA form that never came >.< But we will be getting a decent amount back. And it's going directly into savings. As soon as we're only paying for one rent come this June, we'll probably start looking into booking another vacation. But if anything, I'm definitely getting one of these bad boys:

I haven't decided which model yet (complete upright or compact) but definitely the animal version. With my big poofy cat, the vacuum needs all the help it can get

**You could go to Disneyland again. I finally convinced T to go next year = )

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

**You could go to Disneyland again. I finally convinced T to go next year = )
    Aww we'll probably do Disney World at some point :P But if you ever decide to come to the seattle area, let me know! If only we were close to disneyland :(

• We have an upright DC Animal but not sure which number. I love it!!!
  • I've heard nothing but good things about those Dyson vacuums! They're expensive but they do their job well and last. My parents have one too. What color is yours? The full upright is pink, the compact is purple :)

• It's purple but we've had it for at least 3 years. One of the companies I used to work for sold Dyson hand dryers and we were able to get all Dyson products at 50% off. It was their friends and family discount. So before I quit I bought a vacuum. :)
  • that sounds fantastic! I don't know which to get haha. Oh decisions, decisions. I'm glad that you like it! Just reinforces the fact that I need one haha

• I've heard good things too. But I am actually going to get central vac in the house. There is less to lug that way.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Tax lady says.... we are getting our backyard finished!!!
    Daisypath - (30fE)

jjbmstincoshellyamf
  • This is why I wait.... 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• GROSS! I thought mine was bad at 601!

• Yeah, needless to say I'm not going to pay that until I absolutely have to. 

BabyFruit Ticker