Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What did you read in JANUARY?

2»

Re: What did you read in JANUARY?

• Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy, 4 stars
    The Fault in Our Stars, 5 stars
    Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, 4 stars
    Saving Grace (Norah Wilson), 2 stars
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - 4 stars
    The Bungalow by Sarah Jio - 3 stars
    Conspiracy in Death #8 - 5 stars
    Horns by Joe Hill - 3.5 stars

That's 4 towards my goal of 40 for the year. I was hoping to get a better start because this semester will be so busy.
  • John Adams by David McCullough--5 stars
    Thomas Jefferson by R.B. Bernstein--4 stars
    The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen--4 stars
    The Redemption of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen--1.5 stars
    The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley--4 stars
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Raven Boys (Raven #1) – Maggie Stiefvater  (The quality of writing and characters that I expect from Stiefvater.  I can’t wait to read the sequel.)
    Big Cherry Holler (Big Stone Gap #2) – Adriana Trigiani (I hate books that even mention marital problems and infidelity.  But this book was unstoppable and real.  It did not shy away from really tough topics, but addressed them with truth and heart.  Well written and thought-provoking.)
    Shanghai Girls – Lisa See  (The first half of the book was interesting, but the second half was tedious.  Interesting use of first person perspective.)
    Siege and Storm (Grisha #2) - Leigh Bardugo  (The sequel was just as action-packed as the first novel.  I feel like there is still a lot about Grisha power that I still don’t understand, and I don’t know that this author will ever provide the answers.)
    The Dream Thieves (Raven #2) – Maggie Stiefvater  (I loved this book.  Plenty of mystery and imagination here.)
  • I read 5 books in January. That's a record for me lately. haha.

My Name is Memory ****
    The Goldfinch ***
    Dark Places ****
    Heaven is for Real ***
    Eleanor and Park ***

I'm 2 ahead of schedule for my goal of 50 for the year.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)