Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Reading Resolutions?

2»

Re: Reading Resolutions?

• No number goals, but I want to make reading a priority.  And utilize the library more.
    image imageimage
  • I plan on reading only books I own, can get from the library, or free from some other means.  I need to cut back on my spending and this seems like an easy way to do it.  I could probably only read the books at my house all year and still not be done!

Now that I typed it out I have to stick to it. 

The only exception would be gift cards.

~Lauren~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Read in 2011: 56/55

Read in 2012: 31/30

Read in 2013: 49/40

Read in 2014: 42/40

• I'm planning to set the reading goal to 75 this year. I have a few long books that I want to tackle, but also plan to utilize audio books more now that I have an office and can close the door. I also want to be better/more consistent with the blog. I just mapped out my editorial calendar for the year, and I'm really excited about it. I'm sure things will shift and change as time goes by, but for now I'm feeling really good about the start of the year.

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm going to read everyday, even if only 20 minutes. This was easy to do until I had a second child. I'm much more sane when I am able to read everyday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Sweet babies, you are so very loved.
    Jack 11/29/2009 and Brynne 7/11/2013
  • At least one book per week
    Do a re-read of a favorite
    At least a few non-fiction
    Read more of what I own
    image   image

• sneetches said:
    I also want to read the entire Wheel of Time series in 2014.  I've read about 2/3 so far, but I want to start over from the beginning now that the series has concluded.
    The whole series in one year is a pretty impressive goal!
  • 15,000 pages. I wish Goodreads would let me set a page goal, because with book goals I tend to hesitate before picking up anything massive.

6 modern Sci-Fi classics. There are a lot of things that I feel like I should have read by now but have never gotten around to.

3 books published before 1950. This could overlap with the previous goal, but I feel like I've been reading a disproportionately large number of new works.
  • I want to:

Read more books I own instead of always going to the library

Read some classics that I've never read before

Get to my goal of 214 books for the year.  I'm sure I could do it, I made last year's goal of 213.

Jessica, Married to Brian 12/27/03, Mom to Alex 6/27/94, Devin 10/29/04, and Emily 1/15/07
  • I'd really like to hit 50 books this year and I'll do this by making reading a priority. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would like to read books with more substance this year, less fluff, and not focus on reading a certain amount. I set a goal on GR for 75, but am not really concerned with making it this year. I would also like to branch out into different genres a little more.

• Definitely want to read more of the books I already own and have continued to neglect.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)