Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FBC: Movie cast for The Bat by Jo Nesbo

This book is about Harry Hole, a Norwegian police detective in Australia to help solve the murder of a Norwegian citizen.  He works with an Australian detective of Aboriginal background.  Here are my cast choices for the 3 main characters in the novel:

Harry Hole:  Mikael Persbrant (He plays Beorn (the skin changer in The Hobbit)
Birgitta Enquist (The love interest):  Helena Mattsson
Andrew Kensington (The detective): Aaron Pedersen

my read shelf:
Jenn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: FBC: Movie cast for The Bat by Jo Nesbo

• I didn't know they'd translated it to English! I will have to pick it up!

I read The Redbreast five years ago, because it was the first book in the series they'd translated at the time. I have the next two, but I haven't gotten around to them. My old officemate always read them as soon as they were published, so he was eager for me to check them out.

I used to get caught up on the name, because I thought "Harry Hole" was a terrible name, since it sounds like "hairy hole." Then someone reminded me that it's pronounced "HOO-leh." Oh, right! D'oh!
  • muzikgrrlmuzikgrrl member
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I read the description of the book and I thought really this is what they named a main character, but at the beginning of the book they explain the pronunciation.

I didn't realized that they hadn't translated the books in the order they released them.

When I was researching the book for this task, I saw that Scorcese was supposed to direct a film based on another book in the series but he dropped out. Too bad, it would have been good.

my read shelf:
    Jenn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)