Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The biggest drinking night of the year!

Anyone drinking?

I'm not. But maybe I should crack open a bottle of wine. I'm just hanging out in bed. Skimming the bump, reading all the crazy. It is a good way to keep entertained that's for sure!

I hope you all have an enjoyable night!!

Re: The biggest drinking night of the year!

• Xan921Xan921 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I'm drinking some diet coke and watching Big Bang Theory...I'm quite the party animal.

Thanksgiving Eve being a big party night has always confused me.  For me drinking = a hang over and a hang over= if I eat anything I'll puke so it just never sounded like a good idea to me.  I want to feel 100% when I put my eatin' pants on and stuff myself all day long.

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
    Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
    Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
    IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
    Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
    Nestie Besties with Nfp147 
    DangerMuffin23lfk2013LuckyAngel07
  • I think it's because it's a condensed holiday vacation. Everyone has tomorrow off, plus all the college kids come home.
  • I was trying to figure out what the big deal was too. I came to the same conclusion as @bruinsbabe33. BTW it's nice to see you around :-)

I decided to crack open wine and have a party for one. In my bed. I won't get so drunk that I get a hangover however. Car ride + hangover = not fun. << how do you do the = with the line through it?
  • I'm at work. :((

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was trying to figure out what the big deal was too. I came to the same conclusion as @bruinsbabe33. BTW it's nice to see you around :-) I decided to crack open wine and have a party for one. In my bed. I won't get so drunk that I get a hangover however. Car ride + hangover = not fun. << how do you do the = with the line through it?

Type it in three keystrokes: the equal sign, the dash, another equal sign. No spaces. =/=

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    callitcompulsive
  • =/= trying from mobile.. Thanks @mesvedo!
    mrsvedo
  • I've been around! Just not a lot going on here lately. Also, the nest has been acting funny on mobile and I very rarely pull out my laptop haha!
  • Laptops are so inconvenient- I think this may be a FWP?! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Oh, and since I have you here.. My half sister, who lives near Niagra Falls, is going to make me Poutine in March when we meet up! I am so excited! I hope she makes it correctly!
    BruinsBabe33abt8113
  • The DUIs tonight help to keep me in business!

The bar down the street is having "pumpkin takeover". All 40 of their taps will have pumpkin beers tonight. Pretty cool idea.
    image image image Anniversary
    MRadslfk2013abt8113LuckyAngel07
  • That sounds amazing! I wish I had a fall/winter beer or wine. But my mountain muscadine will have to do tonight! I'm such a light weight anymore, it won't take much!
  • Laptops are so inconvenient- I think this may be a FWP?! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Oh, and since I have you here.. My half sister, who lives near Niagra Falls, is going to make me Poutine in March when we meet up! I am so excited! I hope she makes it correctly!

Omg! Enjoy your poutine! Seriously, best comfort food ever!
  • Only 4 more months. Lol when we are in NOLA, foodfest will be going on, and supposedly there will be a vendor there from the east coast with some poutine too. So I will be loading up on it!
    BruinsBabe33
  • Just got back from Friendsgiving. We brought some homemade caramel apple cider with rum and schnapps to drink. Then we also had some champagne and then boozed up butter beer. Yummy!
    TTC 24 months, IUI #3 BFP 6/4/14 Beta 6/5 58, 6/9 508, 6/11 1227 TWINS! EDD 2/15/15
    With heavy hearts, we said goodbye to our precious angels on 8/12 at 13 weeks 2 days.
    IVF #1 Lup/Brav/Meno, ER 11/28 10R/10F, ET "Rudolph" 4AA embryo 12/3, 7 frosties.
    BFP! Betas: 12/12 225, 12/15 706, 12/17 1512. EDD 8.21.15
    12/29 hb 120. 1/5 perfect, GRAD DAY! 1/15 perfect at OB. NT 2/6 PERFECT, HB 158!

Baby Girl born 8.9.15 at 38.2 due to IUGR 4lb7.8oz 17" 
    Our princess is being watched over by her older siblings every day <3
    Anniversary 

blueeyedblossomMRadscallitcompulsiveLuckyAngel07
  • No, I'm with @xan921. Being hung over on gluttony day is no bueno. Been there, done that. Don't need to do it again, lol.
    cloudymeatballs
  • The amount of food to be eaten today is enough to give me a food hangover tomorrow.  

I will probably have a glass of wine with the meal this afternoon, but really nothing else.  
    Anniversary
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin;
    BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017
  • ecinerebecinereb member
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    A couple years due to family stuff we've celebrated Christmas on New Years Day. Christmas hungover is also a bad idea.

No thanksgiving here so I'm at work today but I did have a lovely dinner with @noelcallum last night!

TTC since August 2011
    Cycle 8,9,10 - 50mg Clomid - BFN
    Cycle 11, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#1- BFP 2/23/13 - m/c 4/2/13 @ 9w2d
    Cycle 13, 100 mg Clomid & IUI#2 - BFP 6/27/13 - CP
    Met with an awesome new RE in September 2013 new plan: 5mg Femera & IUI #3
    Surprise Natural BFP 9/9/13 - Welcomed our baby boy 5/25/14

TTC Buddies with *noelcallum* - Congratulations!
    Knottie Besties with *SparklingDiamond* - Congratulations!
    blueeyedblossomLuckyAngel07
  • No, I'm with @xan921. Being hung over on gluttony day is no bueno. Been there, done that. Don't need to do it again, lol.

I did this a few years ago and staying in the bed all day on Thanksgiving is definitely NOT fun..  I stayed in last night, today though, that is a different story.  Lancers I cannot wait to drink you...  Mmmmm  Happy Thanksgiving ladies!:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image