October 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

24-30 Nov Work outs

Who's working out to counteract Thanksgiving?!
Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 24-30 Nov Work outs

• goatlady12goatlady12 member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013

I plan on it.  I'm facing the side effects of my medication and have gained about 10lbs since Halloween.  Ugh, so frustrating!

• @seipel12 - I've gained 5 since coming off BC.  They just decided to add themselve to the 25 I've gained since the wedding.  I have a doctor's appt tonight.  I feel shameful I haven't lost, but gained.  I'm doing better about working out, having more good weeks than bad, and eating decent.  He's really nice and encouraging, but I still feel like a loser.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh @mana8503 :(  I hate reading that you feel that way!  Don't let it get you down and just stick with what you're doing.  Be proud that you've been working out and eating well!  If you stick with that plan, you'll see the results soon, I'm sure!
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can do it, Mana! I know it's easy to get discouraged, but think, even if the weight hasn't started coming off yet, you're doing your body right and trying to get it healthy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Thanks girls!  I didn't mean to be a downer.  Even my doctoor is all about not looking at the scale, but how clothes feel etc.  I need to refocus on the things I can control (working out and nutrition) and not what I can't - the darn scale. 

• So I haven't met my step goal today (but I still have a trip to Costco in my future this evening), but I spent 45 minutes filling in the huge hole we dug over the weekend trying to fix a leak. My back is hurting and I know my arms and shoulders will be sore tomorrow!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

mana8503
  • I went to a Pilates class this evening.  I feel good after it.  Wish I went to the gym, too.

mana8503xxjen015
  • @mana8503 you are in no way a downer, we've all felt like that.  We are all lucky to have such a supportive group!  5lbs from going off BC sounds like water weight.  Try cutting back on salt for a few days to a week, I bet all 5lbs will fall off quickly.  You can use it as an excuse to not eat mountain dew ham... 
    ramstein1027mana8503xxjen015
  • @seipel12 - thanks!  I've been watching soduim, and it's almost always below the amount on MFP.  Well, unless H talks me into Chinese.  I feel so dehydrated after eating that now, I don't like it as much as I used to.  And I've been focusing on water.  I've been adding lemon, mint and strawberries and it's YUMMY! 

I'll just keep chugging along, something will give soon.  Which is pretty much what the doctor said.  I'll be the healthiest I can be at his weight!  I did get the flu shot at my appt so I didn't feel like it was that much of a waste. 

Thanks again girls, I love the support we have on here! 

xxjen015
  • i am meeting with my trainer today at 11:15, we have a 1/2 day at work, yay!...since starting with him im down 15lbs, our joke last week was that when i used to train with him my hips didnt get in the way on the assisted dip machine and now they do so that is my goal, this week i felt like they got in the way less, im def losing inches and not going by the scale, total loss is 44 lbs since giving birth, 13lbs til pre-pregnancy weight...i will get there!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

ramstein1027
  • I did an abs and legs workout last night and I am SUPER sore today.  Holy crap!
  • I went to the gym and did 45 minutes, 2.25 miles on the arch trainer.  Then I went to Pilates.  I had a different instructor and boy did I work out!  I have one more class from the Groupon and I will definitely make sure it's with the same instructor.  I won't buy more classes though, this place is incredibly over priced.