Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

H's Job Search

I know I posted he got a new job, etc... but a day later the guy took the offer back.  MD doesn't count a military CDL, so even though Jeff had a CDL in the military for 10 years, it only shows up he had the civilian one for 1 year.  It wasn't the owner, but the supplier, that wanted 3 years experience. 

He moves on.  He found another car hauler, but he has to get this "TWIC" thing to get on the ports.  It's like a clearance.  It take 4 weeks, and Jeff is afraid the trouble he got into with the Army might show up.  He didn't want to train 4 weeks making very little money and then get declined for the TWIC. 

SOOOOOOOOOO now he's looking into bulk food (liquid chocolate, milk, olive oil, sugar... etc).  There's 2 companies he's looking into now, but another 2 looking for drivers as well.  There's some possible over nights, which I'm ok with.  We don't have kids, and I have Hunter to keep me company at nights.  He's waiting to hear back, but then he starts talking about doing something else.  I'm like WTF PICK SOMETHING!!!  We talk about it, and he's really scared the over nights will destroy us.  I know it's a fear from his past marriage (the deployments etc).  But we talked about it, and he's feeling better about it.  He's going to keep pursuing the bulk haul.  He's going to call for a follow up today, and get his transcripts from the college they need. 

We're going to NC, it's just a matter of having a job when he gets back...

Oh and the company he's with now thinks giving him Thurs night off is enough to drive 10 hours, eat dinner with the kids and drive back.  WTF!  I want to see them drive 20hrs out of 24 hours then go to work... DRIVING!  The only night he's really asking off is Friday night and they won't give it to him.  There's also some paycheck issues playing into this, but I think I wrote a big enough novel for now haha.

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: H's Job Search

• We had to do overnights for a few months when the company DH was with for 15 years went bankrupt. It was an adjustment, but it was doable. The amount of time I saw him was almost the same, just arranged differently. My only issue with it was that he is very much a sleep person, and he was really grumpy when he was coming off of night work and couldn't get his normal amount of sleep.

Fingers crossed he finds something soon! Has he thought about maybe applying at a construction company? DH uses his CDL for so many things within the company he is at.
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • He's done overnights with this job, but it was only like once or twice a month.  Before this one, he worked for a construction job, repaving roads.  He left before I got home, and I left for work before he got home.  We made it work, which is what I told him.  A lot of those jobs are slowing down for the winter.  He moved to this job because he was getting laid off, and ended up liking regular driving better. 

After 10 years in the military he has a really hard time with having too many options.  He went straight from HS to Army, so he's been told what to do and where to go.  I just have to keep him on track.  After he was poopy and our discussion about the overnights, I had a birthday party to go to.  I came back and he's all excited to get into the bulk hauling again.  I can't handle this changing so much.  I'm type-A control freak, I decide what I want to do and DO IT!  He gets so wishy washy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    mammersoh
  • So frustrating!! I'm sorry Mana. I hope he picks something and sticks with it soon!

H has a TWIC card. He needs it for certain job sites. I don't know much about it other than he's always complaining about getting it because the place is open weird hours and it takes so long to get it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @amcourt09 - yea, I think he's still going to go and see if "they" think it'll go through.  The stuff showed up getting his hazmats, that's why he's scared.  It's worded in legal-ese so who knows.  It's not like he murdered someone, or stole.  He just didn't tell the truth, which still takes 7 years to come off.

• that is so frustrating! but thats really good he has options even though it might drive you nuts
  • Ugh, I'm sorry @mana8503.  Hopefully everything will get straightened out soon.
  • So Jeff talked to one of the 2 bulk haulers, and they appreciated the follow up (I told him so!).  They want his discharge papers, which we don't have yet.  Hope they take the letter saying he's offically out last month.

court115