Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Manic Monday

Weekend highs:

Weekend Lows:

Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Manic Monday

• Weekend highs: Jeff and I were really tired before bed last night but somehow we needed up singing "Nice and Slow" - Usher... I think we got to the rap part that I only remembered they first few lines.  I haven't laughed so hard in FOREVER!  Also my wine Saturday night.  Thank you Olive Garden for 25 cent samples!

Weekend Lows:  Jeff has been poopy.  He also apoligizes afterwards, but he needs to find a job soon and stop taking it out on me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Highs- Lots of time with my boys and we saw the new baby and went to see the new Hunger Games movie Saturday afternoon.

Lows - The entire rest of the weekend. Friday I had to take the day off because our plumbing was all messed up and we were worried there was a problem with the septic. Of course Im freaking out because we are expecting a home inspection sometime this week. So after the plumber, and septic company and $300, we just needed the tank pumped. Which we do every other year religiously. My washing machine died and we bought a new one that uses way more water than the old one and after an epic laundry marathon, it flooded the tank and backed up into the house.

Also on Friday on the way to see the baby, I got the email that our contract fell through. We agreed to all her terms, but then she changed her mind and went back to her orginial offer which had us bringing thousands to the table. We have been going back and forth with the possiblility of just doing to so we can start over already.

Then last night I get a call that my uncles house is on fire. 10 years after we lost my grandfather to a house fire, his sons house catches fire. Everyone is fine, but it was still a terrifying 10 minutes until I could get to the scene. 6 fire trucks, 2 ambulances in the street and 2 more fire trucks up the 1/4 mile long drive way were a bit overkill. But thankfully my little brother was first on scene and ran it like a champ in his camo pj pants, camo duck boots, fire jacket and helmet. A bit of damage, but my uncle got most of the fire inside the house out with fire extinguishers.

Then I get to work today and DH calls me looking for his keys that I find in my purse. So I had to drive all the way back home to give him his keys.

It cant get worse right now right?

• mana8503 said:
    !

Weekend Lows:  Jeff has been poopy.  He also apoligizes afterwards, but he needs to find a job soon and stop taking it out on me!

That stinks....hope his job search ends soon!

Highs: convincing hubby to stay at my Dad's house overnight so we could both drink....hellllooooo wine! Luckily I had packed enough BM for L so I could drink to my heart's content.

Lows: not getting nearly as much cleaning or decorating done as I wanted too
    Met 6.12.09 Engaged 09.29.10 I Do 10.22.11 
    BFP #1 8.19.12 Ectopic 8.29.12
    BFP #2 1.14.13 DS 10.6.13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 3e4e397b-bd1a-4854-a3fc-944df770c8e5_zps809b131e.jpg
  • @mrs.skiz ohh no! That's horrible. Hopefully all the bad stuff got out of the way and you can enjoy the holiday now.

A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • Highs- We won our entire football pool! Greg picked the Saints on Thursday to win and the remaining 4 people all picked the Lions, and the Lions lost. We are so freaking happy. Also, being able to go out without the kids for a few hours. Oh yeah, MY COUCHES ARE ALL IN THEIR APPROPRIATE SPOTS.

Lows- Having to spend Saturday morning chasing a bird out of my moms house. This weather is effing horrible and I really don't want any snow right now.
  • Oh no Jill!!!  You need a drink - ASAP!

• @Mrs.Skiz - I'm so sorry!! What an awful weekend. Let's get a drink! (or two.. or seven)

Highs - I got A LOT done.

Lows - I was really mean to H this weekend. I didn't mean to be but he was in my way a lot this weekend and it was just driving me crazy. I asked him to pack his closet (which is really only half a closet because he keeps his clothes in T's room so T has the other half of the closet). It took him 2 and a half hours and he still left a ton of stuff in there. What don't you understand about "we are moving on SATURDAY"?! Then we went to my SIL's to get more boxes and he's telling my ILs about how we've been "packing all morning". Uh no. I'VE been packing all morning while singing songs to the baby and trying to keep him out of my boxes. You've been playing on your phone. I swear. I need a wife.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @amcourt09 - I saw your pic on FB of him sleeping, I wanted to kick him in the balls for you...

court115amccul20phanatics517
  • weekend high: I've got my energy! so I got my hair done, went on a hike with the dogs, went grocery and christmas shopping....dinner with friends. it was a great time.

weekend low: Ashley and I had it out again because I went in her room and her window was open. she was gone all weekend long and left her window open!! which she said she didn't do. such b/s. nobody goes in her room and this isn't the first time i've caught this. sigh:(

• janma529janma529 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2013
    High - Our niece turned 1 and was so stinkin' cute opening her presents!  We decorated the house for Christmas yesterday and that just put me in a fantastic mood.

Low - There was a little family drama surrounding the 1st birthday celebration (same old, same old...).  And H got a little grumpy because we had to buy all new lights for the tree.  Nothing sipping a little Bailey's while trimming couldn't cure, though!  Oh, and the wind was out of control Sunday morning!  Some of our outdoor furniture flew across the deck.  There's not any damage, but that wasn't a fun sound to wake up to.
  • Highs: We went to the Please Touch Museum. So much fun!

Lows: My ILs came Saturday night- just annoying.

• Highs: We went to the Please Touch Museum. So much fun!

Lows: My ILs came Saturday night- just annoying.

@queensteph17 what did you make/buy them for dinner?
  • Highs...Was a pretty relaxing weekend.  DH was so nice it deserved its own post.

Lows...the freaking freezing weather. The average temp for this time of the year is 53.  But of course we have to set low records since the pool hasn't been closed yet.  DH and I were outside at 11:20 on Saturday night doing some extra stuff to the pool to make sure shit didn't freeze.  They are coming to close it tomorrow. 

• @amccul20 ; HAHA

I made tortellini bake.

janma529court115
  • @amccul20 ; HAHA

I made tortellini bake.

was it the pinterest recipe?! haha was anyone able to put down as much as my sister?
  • amccul20 said:

@amccul20 ; HAHA

I made tortellini bake.

was it the pinterest recipe?! haha was anyone able to put down as much as my sister?
    I made it last night and only made the single batch and my kid who eats like a bird anymore ate 3 plate fulls.
  • I made a double. It was awesome and L loved it and ate it for lunch the next day, too!

• I made a double. It was awesome and L loved it and ate it for lunch the next day, too!

Thats what I brought today too! Im excited. Its going to be great on the reheat.
  • Looks like I know what im making next week!

• mana8503 said:
    Looks like I know what im making next week!

This.
    Met 6.12.09 Engaged 09.29.10 I Do 10.22.11 
    BFP #1 8.19.12 Ectopic 8.29.12
    BFP #2 1.14.13 DS 10.6.13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 3e4e397b-bd1a-4854-a3fc-944df770c8e5_zps809b131e.jpg
  • I've made that same recipe, but instead if tortellini, I used ziti noodles. I may have to switch it up. Every time I make it, I basically eat the leftovers for every meal the next day. I'm going to try the tortellini next time!
  • uderin02 said:
    mana8503 said:

This.
    I want to make it, but I'm afraid the alfredo will make me sick.
  • janma529 said:
    uderin02 said:
    mana8503 said:

This.
    I want to make it, but I'm afraid the alfredo will make me sick.
    @janma529 you could do it without the alfredo, it just might taste a little different!
  • @amccul20 - Any thoughts on what a good substitute might be? 
  • Mrs.Skiz said:
    @janma529 its the dairy that bothers you right?
    Not exactly.  I can drink milkshakes like a champ!  I think it's the combination of heavy cream and high fat.  Usually super creamy soups (i.e. bisques) bother me, too.
  •  

janma529 said:
    Mrs.Skiz said:
    Not exactly.  I can drink milkshakes like a champ!  I think it's the combination of heavy cream and high fat.  Usually super creamy soups (i.e. bisques) bother me, too.
    Hmm...the point of the alfredo is to make it creamy, so I don't see a viable substitute. Maybe just use tortellini and do it baked with just the red sauce- maybe throw a lot of cheese in with the pasta. It will be more of a baked pasta than a creamy, but it will still be good.

• I've done pasta dishes before where I've added cream to some manner of tomato product (I'd tell you exactly, but Pinterest does not seem to be working...) and I was fine with that.  So maybe I could just try cream..?
  • janma529 said:
    Mrs.Skiz said:

Funny you say that. I just had a conversation with our RD here in my office and my mom was questioning her about gallbladder issues. My mom also suffers from intermitant IBS. The RD said that the high fats like those in heavy creams, are hard for the body to digest in general because your gallbladder only produces a certian amount of bile to digest any foods. The rest sits in your stomach for up to 12 hours, which is what causes your body to absorb the fats and salts and makes most people gain the weight they do. 

I think because you eat a healthier diet, when you eat those high fat foods, your galbladder doesnt have the ability to produce the higher amount of bile that is needed to digest everything. Just a thought.

I know when I really focus on eating healthy, one quick fast food meal and I feel like hell.

• Can you do cream cheese? I know people put that into dishes to help with the creaminess.