Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Disney

I know a few of you are Disney veterans...I have been a bunch of times, but have never planned or paid for my own trip (spoiled, I know).  This will be my first time taking the kids too- last time we went DH and I were married about a year without any kids.  Crazy!

Anyway, I'm getting ready to book.  We are going to be going in mid-to-late August, which is Value Season, thankfully (it's also the only time that works with our work schedules, so I'm glad it lines up!) I'm looking at staying at Art of Animation so we can get the Little Mermaid room (which, I do realize, is a little more than a 'standard' room, but that is the big splurge I want to do for Aisling).  I'm looking at doing the Disney Meal Plan- the one with the counter, sit down, and snack daily...usually I hear they end up throwing the dining plan in free for that time of year, but wouldn't announce that until later- and if they do, we would get our money back on that.

Anyway, for those of you that know your Disney- are the prices showing up online set in stone, or would I do better calling a live person or going through a travel agent?  Has anyone booked through AAA?  I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on some way to save a few bucks by being naive and just clicking and paying the price showing up.

Also, for those who have traveled with children- anything we HAVE to do/see?  A will be 4; D will be almost 2. I've heard great things about the Cinderella breakfast with the princesses, so I want to try to book that.

Finally, I've never flown with kids...do we need to bring carseats for the plane or for the buses while we are in Disney? How about strollers?  Cheaper to bring on plane or just rent there? 

TIA- I realize nobody is online at 1am- but I will try to check back in tomorrow to see if there are any responses :)  Oh- and for anyone who is FB friends with me, if you want to share info that way, please do it via PM.  Long story short, we aren't broadcasting our plans to certain people to avoid drama/attempts at crashing our vacation ;)
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
Aisling Rose 8/8/10
Declan James 9/18/12

Re: Disney