Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY: Sleepovers (.5 S/O IKWYDLS)

Take me back to your childhood sleepovers.  Were they like mine?  We had definite Sleepover Staples if you will.  Every time, without fail, we would do the same things. Usually in the same order:

1. Eat.  Usually Pizza.

2. Play Girl Talk (complete with fake zits). Although this usually didn't last too long before it turned into just straight up calling boys and/or prank calls. Being that it was before cell phones, and we had to use a landline, we inevitably got caught, and then it would be time for...

3. Lip Synch contest.  We'd break up into two teams, and choreograph dances.  Without fail, one team would do Wind Beneath my Wings, and the other would do a NKOTB song.

4. A movie. Adventures in Babysitting was a favorite for years. Until we all had crushes on Kevin Costner, and would watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves over and over and over.

At some point from 2-4, at least one girl would end up crying in a bathroom (sort of like during every middle school dance when one of us would end up crying in the girls locker room. )

Then we'd fall asleep, one by one, and being the first was the WORST.

How about you?

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

Re: GTKY: Sleepovers (.5 S/O IKWYDLS)

• Sounds about right.

In middle school, we also threw in sneaking in boys, alcohol, and makeovers. Not necessarily in that order.
    image image image Anniversary
  • 1. Go to Poppy's (small town grocery store) and stock up on all the junk food and pop needed for the night.  We would also pick up scary movies like Children of the Corn, the original Freddy vs Jason, etc.

2. Usually eat pizza first.

3. Then begin karaoke.

4. Paint nails and do makeup.  The best was when a couple of our guy friends would come. I still have pictures of us pinning them down and painting their nails.

5. Play Ouija board.

6. Play Truth or Dare Jenga (still have it to this day)

7. Prank call random people in the phonebook.

8. Watch scary movies and eat all the junk food.

We always tried to pull all nighters, and would usually play Ouija board throughout the rest of the night.

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would say my childhood sleepovers were pretty generic... Pizza, Ice cream, movies, games, hide and seek, gossip.

As we got older our sleepovers became more about partying then gossip, innocent, sleepovers.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

TTC 19 months ~Started RE in March 2014~
    DH was not ready for IUI so we waited
    ~Started acupuncture in  May 2014~

~~BFP 7/6/14~~~EDD 3/14/15~~It's a girl!!~~
  • I don't remember much about my sleepovers, but there was definitely pizza and ice cream/some other dessert and snacks like chips or cheese curls or something. 

Makeovers definitely happened.

I don't really remember watching movies, but I'm sure we did at least a few times.

Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board...every time.

I remember a "seance" once when we were older, lol! And freaking ourselves out with Bloody Mary.

I was a total goody goody, so there was never any drinking, smoking, sneaking boys in, or anything like that.
    image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • I'm with @LuckyAngel07- we thought the prank calls were living on the edge! 

And freezing bras. That happened.

Told you not to fall asleep first.

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,

• Is it sad that I didn't really have that many sleepovers? Unless they were with cousins. I have always hated mornings so I never wanted people sleeping there and waking up early... the darn crazy fools! I needed my beauty sleep! I also just never cared for them.. girls fight and it was too much drama for me. So stupid. I remember one time I had my two best friends sleep over and they fought the whole night.. then ended up being friends again and locking ME out of MY room?!

Anyway, the only time I remember having "real" sleepovers with multiple girls (again, other than with family) it was always for my birthday. We'd usually eat pizza or burgers or spaghetti, have cake, then we'd make up skits or play dress up. Or my dad would pull out the video camera and we'd play around on that.

We'd usually end up watching a movie. The only one I vividly remember is when we rented Curly Sue and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. That was probably my last (and maybe only??) sleep-over. My sister always had them though and I loved bossing the little kids around lol..

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

• I was just thinking about the movie Adventures in Babysitting last night!
    zamboni00
  • In elementary school though, I used to have a sleepover with my then BFF and we would eat, play video games (either GTA or Need for Speed), dance to music, eat junk food, have girl talk, and then finally go to sleep.

In junior high/HS, we usually had them after a school dance, so we'd usually just get ready, go, and then talk about it once we got back to whose ever house we were at.

I actually still have sleepovers now, with my HS friends. We get together during winter break for a Christmas dinner and make pasta carbonara, drink wine, gossip about what we know about our classmates, watch Netflix, make pumpkin muffins, and then sleep. In the morning we eat the muffins, go shopping (if we have time), have lunch, and then go our separate ways.

TTC #1 since 9/12
    lilliesandvino
  • @zamboni00 We froze bras too.  I remember freezing one girls' underwear at one point too.

@luckyangel07 We were innocent too. No drinking or sneaking boys in, and we played Light as a fether, stiff as a board too.  I forgot about that one.

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @amccul20 ; I could probably still quote the entire movie.  I love it.

And then they made a movie that was pretty much the same thing- The Sitter.  I was irrationally irritated by that.

Anniversary

• @transponster

That is really cool that you do that still with your friends. What a great tradition!
    image image image Anniversary
  • @lilliesandvino it's one of my favorite items of the year!

TTC #1 since 9/12
  • I didn't have many sleepovers. I do remember eating pizza, watching TV, and dancing to/listening to the Backstreet Boys.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC #1 since July 2012

Cycles 1-9: BFN
    Cycle 10: Surprise BFP on 10/17/2013!
    EDD: June 25, 2014
    Baby Girl born via induction June 26, 2014

My TTC Journey Blog

• @luckyangel07 and @brij2006 Haha yes! Light as a feather, stiff as a board and Bloody Mary! Lol Also one our friends was "psychic" so she would do "readings". We did that every slumber party, then we'd get freaked out and go watch a movie or get something to eat to get our minds off of it.

And I was always the unlucky one who fell asleep first and got my face covered in makeup to look like a raccoon. I also got shaving cream put on me...fun times. Lol

There were also several slumber parties that included getting dressed up all sexy and pretending to hang out with our celebrity boyfriends (josh hartnett for me!). lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    LuckyAngel07