Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: Photos of my new neighbors

These guys were right around the corner from my house last night (about 5:30-ish) when I was on my way home from work!

90 books in 2015?
Mrs.GinTNAli2b1gGilliCLauren620fabk

Re: NBR: Photos of my new neighbors

• Woah.
    imageimage

My Badges:
    image imageimageimageimageimage imageimage image image imageimage image image imageimageimageimageimage image image                       

• Wow! We live in the country and get a ton of deer and other wildlife in our yard, but BEARS? I would have shit a brick.

• We have bears too.  They're really overrunning all of Northern NJ.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• That's awesome and scary all at the same time!

"Live like there's no midnight."

• SusieBWSusieBW member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Awesome.
    We had a few suburban bears this summer.  Poor things.

ETA: By "we" I mean RI as a whole, not my house.  I work for the DEM and our officers are the ones that respond to reports of bears in the suburbs, so I think of it as we.
  • Cool!  The only bears that I haven't see in the zoo were on a vacation to the Smoky Mountains.
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • We had a couple in town near my house about a week ago. I didn't see them though.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This has to be really cool but also very terrifying.

I don't know what I would have done if I would have drove by and black bears were hanging out.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Bears! We have a huge issue with them on my parents farm. They are very destructive. They're constantly destroying my mom's bird feeders and good luck keeping them out of your trash (not to mention what they'll do to a corn field). They're fun to watch.

• I love watching them from a distance. That close can pump up the heart.
    Anniversary
  • We have bears on our back patio pretty regularly, sniffing around. I always make sure to look out the window first if I'm going out at night.

Brittany (brittk0486)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• So cool! I wish I lived in the country!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers    

my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Ali2b1g said:

So cool! I wish I lived in the country!

@Ali2b1g Funny thing is....I don't live in the country.  I live in a suburb of the largest city in New Hampshire.  Go figure.  

90 books in 2015?
  • That's awesome and completel terrifying all at the same time.

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

mrsvedo
  • WHY ARE THERE BEARS?!? :'(

My new #1 rule in life is to not live next to bears.

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sweetrhythmssweetrhythms member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2013
    RevJen said:
    We have bears too.  They're really overrunning all of Northern NJ.
    @RevJen My aunt lives in Vernon and I used to be afraid to go outside at night because of bears!  
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    RevJen
  • I wish we had bears! They're all about an hour away from us. All we get are coyotes (which DNR or whatever says is not true, but everyone sees them) and vultures. We did have a panther once but that was scary, not fun.
  • Ali2b1g said:

So cool! I wish I lived in the country!

@Ali2b1g Funny thing is....I don't live in the country.  I live in a suburb of the largest city in New Hampshire.  Go figure.  

Whoa! That's wild! The only thing I can claim is a wild turkey running through my yard. Definitely not as cool.  LOL 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers    

my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)