GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Skin care?

I need help!  My skin, which wasn't great pre-pregnancy, has become a nightmare.  I am getting cysts like crazy and they are huge and they hurt.  I am using Cetaphil face wash but is there anything else that is safe to use?  I was using stuff with salicylic acid pre-pregnancy but obviously cut that out.  Any suggestions?
image Anniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Skin care?

• There are a lot of facial products that are safe for pregnancy. I have super dry skin so I only know about those ones but if you do your research there are lots of options. I started my research with a splurge on a facial :P

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Littlelady - I've been doing the research, but most things I have been coming up with either aren't doing anything for me, or have salicylic acid or benzoic peroxide and aren't safe for pregnancy.  I asked a friend who is a midwife and she had no suggestions.  I was just wondering what people have found that are effective for them.  My face looks worse than it did when I was 13, and it's physically painful.  I can't put any pressure on the right side of my face because the cysts just hurt that much.
    image Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ugh! I'm sorry. I'm super dry so I use coconut oil mixed in my all natural creams. I wish I had an answer for you.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I appreciate you answering back!  The cyst on my right cheek is just below my eye and SO painful, I can't even lean my head on DH when we hug!
    image Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The only thing I can think of to help with the cysts is maybe a warm compress and neosporin?

I sell a brand of skincare as a side business and I looked through my information and couldn't find any information.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'll try anything at this point! I know the warm compress should open up the pores, but what would the neosporin do?
    image Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Neosporin may take some of the pain away, but you have to have the kind that has a pain reliever in it
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I like the Clarisonic Mia.

I could hold you for a million years
    To make you feel my love.
  • There just aren't many options. :(  I sometimes use a dab of an Rx product I have but that's it. My OB told me there wasn't anything else she would recommend.

I feel your pain, literally. I have it all over but the skin on my back hurts.
  • Butting in from GP...

I've had luck applying toothpaste to big pimples and leaving it on overnight. It works even better than tea tree oil most times.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm 
    February 2013: IUI #1 = BFN 
    October 2013: We made the decision to stop TTC and live without children.

Nestie Besties with Xan921