Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFC

2»

Re: FFC

• @amandaf6383 I'm so sorry you're having a rough time lately. You have every right to feel the way you do and it doesn't make you a bad person at all.

TTC #1 since 9/12
  • My FFC is that Tom and I were supposed to go to our friends lake house this weekend and I begged him not to go because the owners have a brand new baby and I just can't. I feel like a bad person but it's getting increasingly harder for me to be around babies. 

I've just been having a really tough IF month.
    ((hugs))
    TTC 24 months, IUI #3 BFP 6/4/14 Beta 6/5 58, 6/9 508, 6/11 1227 TWINS! EDD 2/15/15
    With heavy hearts, we said goodbye to our precious angels on 8/12 at 13 weeks 2 days.
    IVF #1 Lup/Brav/Meno, ER 11/28 10R/10F, ET "Rudolph" 4AA embryo 12/3, 7 frosties.
    BFP! Betas: 12/12 225, 12/15 706, 12/17 1512. EDD 8.21.15
    12/29 hb 120. 1/5 perfect, GRAD DAY! 1/15 perfect at OB. NT 2/6 PERFECT, HB 158!

Baby Girl born 8.9.15 at 38.2 due to IUGR 4lb7.8oz 17" 
    Our princess is being watched over by her older siblings every day <3
    Anniversary 

• amccul20 said:
    maybe I'm just a prude. Ben and I waited about 4 weeks and he still makes fun of me for holding out on him.
    So your sister is going to do the same thing and you're slut-shaming? Come on. 
    Aimothyskreedrake
  • FFC: watching my bffs kid today and I can tell they don't play or pet their dogs much anymore. That makes me mad and sad. I know having a kid changes things but I don't think it should take away from loving your pets that you had for years before.

imageimageimage
           Me: All Normal DH: .5% Morph
    Cycles 1-14 (Natural) all BFN
                                  Starting IUI#1 procedures Nov '13
                          IUI Cxl'd due to surprise natural BFP 11/1/13
            Calvin born on June 19th, 2014 via emergency c-section at 3lbs7oz

• FFC: watching my bffs kid today and I can tell they don't play or pet their dogs much anymore. That makes me mad and sad. I know having a kid changes things but I don't think it should take away from loving your pets that you had for years before.
    My BIL got rid of one of their dogs after the baby came because it was "stressing the dog out"  But really it was because they named their daughter the same name as the dog, so they couldn't keep it around for too long or the baby would figure that out. :)

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• @aimothy they named the dog after the kid? Sounds like reverse Indian Jones, lol. But really, that's weird And sad for the dog. Hopefully they found it a good home :-(

imageimageimage

• @aimothy they named the dog after the kid? Sounds like reverse Indian Jones, lol. But really, that's weird And sad for the dog. Hopefully they found it a good home :-(
    No, they named the kid the same name as the dog.  The dog was around before the kid. 

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• @amandaf6383 ((hugs))
    TTC #1 since Feb. '12. dx: "unexplained" IF
    After 2 shitty IVF cycles and 1 loss at 6+2 (EDD 11/7/14), DH and I are pursuing DIA.
    11/17/2014 - ACTIVE AND WAITING!
    Pregnancy was never the end goal; being a mom was.
    I've been holding out on GP: I got drunk once and started a blog: Here it is (11/7 update)
    3T<3

• Aimothy said:

@aimothy they named the dog after the kid? Sounds like reverse Indian Jones, lol. But really, that's weird And sad for the dog. Hopefully they found it a good home :-(

No, they named the kid the same name as the dog.  The dog was around before the kid. 

That's what I meant. Not enough coffee yet apparently.

imageimageimage

• My FFC: I ate 1/4 of a baguette today. I don't feel bad about it.
    TTC #1 since Feb. '12. dx: "unexplained" IF
    After 2 shitty IVF cycles and 1 loss at 6+2 (EDD 11/7/14), DH and I are pursuing DIA.
    11/17/2014 - ACTIVE AND WAITING!
    Pregnancy was never the end goal; being a mom was.
    I've been holding out on GP: I got drunk once and started a blog: Here it is (11/7 update)
    3T<3

nfp147
  • amccul20amccul20 mod
    Moderator Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    maybe I'm just a prude. Ben and I waited about 4 weeks and he still makes fun of me for holding out on him.
    Isn't this the exact timeline you described about your sister?

@lilliesandvino ;   no she started sleeping with him right away, this is just the first time she's spending the night.
  • @flamingo86 and @AmandaF6383 I'm sorry you guys are having a rough time right now! <3 sending lots of hugs!
  • amccul20 said:

amccul20 said:

Isn't this the exact timeline you described about your sister?

oh no she started sleeping with him right away, this is just the first time she's spending the night.

Good for her. At least she'll be comfortable now.
    image image image Anniversary
  • I spent the night at H's well before I slept with him. I was a tease, I guess.

I realized I haven't pooped since Sunday, so Im going to Barnes and No me bc it is almost a fail proof way to make me poop. I guess this belongs more in TMI Tuesday, but if I haven't pooped by Tuesday, I'll have a whole other set of problems.
    B Born 6.27.13
  • MRads said:
    I realized I haven't pooped since Sunday, so Im going to Barnes and No me bc it is almost a fail proof way to make me poop. I guess this belongs more in TMI Tuesday, but if I haven't pooped by Tuesday, I'll have a whole other set of problems.
    thats rough! I hope B&N does the trick for you
  • FFC: when people say their kid is 24 months old or beyond. They're 2 yrs old. Stop it.
    I also roll my eyes when people "celebrate" their child's one.two/three month birthday!!  No. You get one birthday. every YEAR. Not months. 

I am fine with the "I'm one month old" posts, I just hate when they equate it with a birthday. 

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

DangerMuffin23skreedrake[Deleted User]
  • FFC: when people say their kid is 24 months old or beyond. They're 2 yrs old. Stop it.

This makes me think of the movie "Grown Ups."

"How old is he?"
    "Almost 48 months." (as she's still nursing him)

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DangerMuffin23Xan921islandmonkey8
  • brij2006 said:
    FFC: when people say their kid is 24 months old or beyond. They're 2 yrs old. Stop it.

This makes me think of the movie "Grown Ups."

"How old is he?"
    "Almost 48 months." (as she's still nursing him)

I was just about to type this out! Lol!
  • Ugh I can't stand people who forget the commitment they make to the pets they take in. When we got my puppy, it was a huge adjustment period with our cats and no one was happy for awhile and we struggled with what to do. But you know what? We stayed true to our commitment and found options that worked. And now everyone is happy.

Pets are like children - they cannot survive on their own. You cannot just abandon them.
    Amen!  My BFF posted on FB a few weeks ago that they are giving away their dog because they do not have time for the dog.  Umm..you have 2 children under the age of 3 and you are a stay at home mom.  You are probably home more than I am, but I make sure to spend time with my dogs.  It also annoys me to hear that people are giving up their animals when they move.  It really is not that hard to find a place that allows you to have pets.  We do it.

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

sparklingdiamond
  • FFC- I think sugar cookies dipped in peanut butter sounds gross. :)
    You're dead to me.  :-q

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
    Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
    Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
    IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
    Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
    Nestie Besties with Nfp147 
    ILoveRedVinonfp147skreedrake
  • Xan921Xan921 member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    amandaf6383 , hugs, love, chocolate, and wine all go out to you.  I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
    Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
    Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
    IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
    Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
    Nestie Besties with Nfp147 
  • Xan921 said:
    FFC- I think sugar cookies dipped in peanut butter sounds gross. :)
    You're dead to me.  :-q
    it kind of sounds like a peanut butter cookie to me...just extra peanut buttery! how could you go wrong with that?