Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So um, what happened to the Thursday Randoms?

Re: So um, what happened to the Thursday Randoms?

• I just biffed.  Sorry!

Wanna make this the post?
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• My schedule's so effed up this week that I keep forgetting it's Thursday.

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • But my real random is that I broke over 500 total posts HOURS ago and I haven't gotten my shiny new badge yet and I'm more frustrated about that than I should be.

Or maybe that's a confession for tomorrow.

I don't even care.

(Yes I do)

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    GilliC
  • I like the new format, especially on my phone, but I hate that there are no siggies. I don't remember half of you without siggies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • I have two.

1.) I discovered a new band that I like thanks to my Avett Brothers Pandora station. It's Redbird. I love their Ships song.

2.) I am going to potty-train my son over the long weekend. He's been going occasionally, like before & after his bath and random times throughout the day, but is still in diapers. I think we are going to go straight to underwear this weekend. Accidents be damned. I've been getting him all excited about it all week.

• I really want to try the new pumpkin spice m&m's, but part of me knows that they'll probably be gross.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

MrsJenE
  • I really want to try the new pumpkin spice m&m's, but part of me knows that they'll probably be gross.
    I tried the pumpkin Hershey kisses. They're good, but not as good as I wanted them to be.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Had to switch to a sports bra today, it's been a long time coming but I have been holding off...my boobs look flatt and my belly looks bigger :-(...I want my voluptuous pregnant boobs back lol

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    caseyandlizzieMrsC7
  • EliStarEliStar member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2013
    mrsvedo said:
    But my real random is that I broke over 500 total posts HOURS ago and I haven't gotten my shiny new badge yet and I'm more frustrated about that than I should be.

I don't even care.

(Yes I do)
    Log out and log back in! My badges would show up when I logged in.

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Had to switch to a sports bra today, it's been a long time coming but I have been holding off...my boobs look flatt and my belly looks bigger :-(...I want my voluptuous pregnant boobs back lol
    I miss my underwire bras, but they were causing me too much pain.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• RhymeReasonRhymeReason member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Ended up having a 5 day weekend. I had to go to the hospital yesterday for a small, scheduled procedure and I was told to take it easy afterwards and today. Apparently taking it easy included not going to work today so I am working from home (and currently still in pjs with the tv on). I think my co-worker is a little pissed I'm not in the office but really, if my dr says stay home-I'm going to listen. Plus it got DH to empty and refill the dishwasher last night without me asking-win!

Also, this means I can bake cookies this afternoon for my trip tomorrow.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”

Shepherdjel
  • EliStar said:
    mrsvedo said:
    But my real random is that I broke over 500 total posts HOURS ago and I haven't gotten my shiny new badge yet and I'm more frustrated about that than I should be.

I don't even care.

(Yes I do)
    Log out and log back in! My badges would show up when I logged in.
    Good thought but didn't work unfortunately. :-w @nestcayla?!

my read shelf:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went for a run this morning and now want to take a nap to make up for getting up early.
    ~E~
  • I bought a new car seat for Adelaide today, meant specifically for my new truck.... which I have not yet purchased. 

What can I say? I like to put the cart before the horse.
    SnShne322
    This was exactly it! Are you doing sprots bra or a normal bra without underwire?

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    What is THIS madness?!?!?!?

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• Ended up having a 5 day weekend. I had to go to the hospital yesterday for a small, scheduled procedure and I was told to take it easy afterwards and today. Apparently taking it easy included not going to work today so I am working from home (and currently still in pjs with the tv on). I think my co-worker is a little pissed I'm not in the office but really, if my dr says stay home-I'm going to listen. Plus it got DH to empty and refill the dishwasher last night without me asking-win!

Also, this means I can bake cookies this afternoon for my trip tomorrow.
    @NorthernLghts I hope the procedure went well!!

This was exactly it! Are you doing sprots bra or a normal bra without underwire?
    I went to one without wire.  Though, really it's because I hate sports bras. 
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:

• fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I really want to try the new pumpkin spice m&m's, but part of me knows that they'll probably be gross.

Pumpkin Spice M &M's!??!! Obviously I need to get out of the house more.... or they don't have them up here.
  • fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

I am currently listening to a mouse try and eat its way into my living room from the box room. Is that random enough for today?!?

• I started a book club in my housing development about 7 years ago. I had to quit going to meetings while I was in school, since it conflicted with my schedule. Now that I'm done with school, I can't get myself to go back, even though it was my club to begin with. It's been taken over by older ladies, and they've been reading books like the Ladies of Covington series and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. Now I want to start a new club with people my age who read things that are more my style, but I don't know where to find these people.
    image.
  • Thanks Shep!
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”

• I hate to brag, but...I get to see @Jennie748, @jackiback, @ceresas, @funkypineapple, AND @katienichols this weekend!
    image image image
    MrsC7jackibackThisModernLove
  • I started a book club in my housing development about 7 years ago. I had to quit going to meetings while I was in school, since it conflicted with my schedule. Now that I'm done with school, I can't get myself to go back, even though it was my club to begin with. It's been taken over by older ladies, and they've been reading books like the Ladies of Covington series and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. Now I want to start a new club with people my age who read things that are more my style, but I don't know where to find these people.
    I started a book club just over a year ago. I put out a call on Facebook to my FB friends to see if anyone was interested. Our meetings are small (there's only about 5 of us that show up regularly), but we have fun!

my read shelf:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SnShne322 said:
    Had to switch to a sports bra today, it's been a long time coming but I have been holding off...my boobs look flatt and my belly looks bigger :-(...I want my voluptuous pregnant boobs back lol
    Yeah I need to go get one, not digging the sports bra plus I am lazy and don't want to take my shirt off to get it off, I like being able to un-hook and pull it out the side/top of my shirt lol

• The salad I had for lunch is not cutting it.  I've only been exercising and watching what I eat for 4 days and I am getting pretty close to being over it already.  

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

RevJen
  • I hate to brag, but...I get to see @Jennie748, @jackiback, @ceresas, @funkypineapple, AND @katienichols this weekend!

:((
  • SnShne322 said:
    Had to switch to a sports bra today, it's been a long time coming but I have been holding off...my boobs look flatt and my belly looks bigger :-(...I want my voluptuous pregnant boobs back lol
    Same here, but it still makes the girls look not as happy as before.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

- Gayle Forman
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio