Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Daniel Tiger and food

DS's first birthday party is in 2 weeks.  We are doing a Daniel Tiger theme.  I have someone doing a 3D cake (because I am apparently insane) and cupcakes, so that's covered.  Trying to think about what food to have other than that.  DH wanted to do a taco bar, but I think that's too much to monitor/upkeep throughout the party.  I was thinking of doing all "kid" food- chicken tenders, mac & cheese, hot dogs, some other stuff, and maybe trying to name each thing to go with our theme- like instead of chicken nuggets say tiger paws (or is that creepy?)  Anyhow, any ideas? 

To further complicate things, of 110 people invited, we have heard back from 25 or so.  So I would like it to be things that I can make in bulk but hopefully things I can save/freeze if people don't show (why the eff don't people RSVP?!)

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
Aisling Rose 8/8/10
Declan James 9/18/12

Re: Daniel Tiger and food

• 110 people?  Holy ish.  

How many are kids?  I would say if you are having a lot of kids, then I would gear the food towards them.  Adults will eat kid food, but kids won't eat tacos.  

Instead of 'tiger paws' how about 'paw prints'?  
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10 
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011 

• Paw prints- much better! Thanks!
    And I know, 110 is insane. That's just our close families- not even getting into all our cousins- and a few close friends. Way crazy.
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • I would not be upset by a 'kid' food-centric menu at a first birthday party.  My only request would be some sort of veggie tray and a green salad so that I didn't fill up on just chicken fingers, mac & cheese, etc.

RSVP etiquette has seriously gone out the window.  It's a pain the @ss, having to chase people down for a response.  I usually handle the invites for my girlfriends showers, and I'm always surprised at how many people fail to respond.  I even include my email address, giving people the option to avoid RSVPing with a stranger over the phone.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• Good idea, SJU.  

And yeah, I don't get it either.  I put an email address- so even the people who know me don't have to be bothered to talk to me if they don't want to.  Just email.  Yes, or no.  And of the few responses I have gotten, about half are 'maybe'.  Um...that's not a response.
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12