Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

help!

Okay, I would like to start off by saying I have looked for a post about my situation and I can't find anything, So do NOT grill me.

?

I had my last full blown real period in March of this year. Between March and Sept. I had been spotting. Not pregnant. I went to the doctor in Sept and she gave me a 10-day supply of progesterone pills and I took them as directed and had a period after the supply was gone.

I was supposed to have my period just before my honeymoon in Oct. and I didn't ever show up. I still have not had a period and I am NOT pregnant.

So my questions is

Has anyone ever experienced what I am going thru?

and

If you have any other advice to help me??

?

TIA!?

Re: help!

• I realize that you have been to the doctor once and it resulted in getting your period. You need to go back to your doctor.

Not having your period can be the cause of something very serious and no advice given on this board can really "help" because there's just TOO many things it could be.

There's no sense in hearing other's stories when they'll just panic you unnecessarily.

Please go see your doctor. She needs to be made aware of this.
  • image strrysmthoundlov3r:
    I realize that you have been to the doctor once and it resulted in getting your period. You need to go back to your doctor.

Not having your period can be the cause of something very serious and no advice given on this board can really "help" because there's just TOO many things it could be.

There's no sense in hearing other's stories when they'll just panic you unnecessarily.

Please go see your doctor. She needs to be made aware of this.

ITA.  There are so many things that can cause this that no one here can make that call.  The causes can range from not dangerous to dangerous.  Please see your doctor.  If they can't/won't help, see a different doctor.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes.  Please go back to your doctor or get a new one.

My doc was always freaked about me not having a regular period when I was younger.  She and Mom just knew I was anorexic, even thought I clocked in at 5'7" and 150lbs.  I finally just went on bcp.

• Have your weight changed since your last real period?  Have you exercise or eating habits changed? 

Listen to the ladies above - the reasons could be something simply ore something much for serious - it's your body, take care of it.

*made with love by ibis*
  • I had the exact same thing happen to me in college. This was about 5 years ago. I went about 6 months without a period. I wasn't sexually active, so I knew for sure that I was not pregnant. I went to two gynos before I was diagnosed with PCOS (Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome). I was immediately placed on birth control and asked to shet 20 lbs as soon as possible. I had been under tremendous stressed and had gained a lot of weight. But i worked really hard at it and a year later had lost 40 lbs. no crash diets. honest to goodness weight loss. I started eating healthier - more fruits and veggies, made sure I was drinking enough water every day, worked out on a regular schedule, slept at least 8 hours a night. And? my periods evened out and I got off of the birth control. I haven't had a problem since. And I've maintained my weightloss. I got married 2 years ago and unfortunately I can't handle the birth control. Apparently my hormones get all out of whack, but other than that, no sign of PCOS. I do encourage you to see a doctor, and please ask about PCOS. If you catch it early enough, lifestyle change can take care o the problem. Good luck.