Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What book(s) could/do you re-read?

Just because they are THAT good?

Mine are Jemima J and Twilight.

Re: What book(s) could/do you re-read?

• Pretty much any book I own.  If I enjoy it the first time, they're just as enjoyable every other time through.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• There are some books that I love love love - but I couldn't re-read them.  Memoirs of a Geisha, Kite Runner, Glass Castle - to name a few.
  • I think it's more that I love the characters in the books.  Like Harry Potter, Killashandra, the girls in the Three Sisters trilogy, etc.  They're like comfort food for the mind.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I do not read books more than once.  I have one exception, Love Story by Erich Segal (not sure why, but I love that book).  I did also just get Time Traveler's Wife off PBS with the intention of reading again.  But that's it!

• Just a handful of comfort books. Most I don't like to reread, just because there are so many other books out there I want to read for the first time, but there are a few that I like to read when I'm depressed or sick or just want something easy and comforting.

The Mists of Avalon I've read so many times, I can just start at any random page, and be perfectly at home in that other world.

The Clan of the Cave Bear books. I've read the first three many times. I don't care much for the fourth and fifth ones though. 

Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon books.

• Something Borrowed/Blue

Jemima J

Dress Rehersal

There are more, I just can't remember all of them right now.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Color Purple

The Red Tent

The Handmaid's Tale

Loved them all & there are probably things I missed the first time. I don't often re-read books but I have read the color purple more than once & have been meaning to re-read the other too. Too many books, too little time. 

• Armistead Maupin's Tales from the City series. I have read them hundreds of times. I love them.
  • image RevJen:
    I think it's more that I love the characters in the books...They're like comfort food for the mind.

Huge ditto to this.  I re-read books often, but only because I've fallen in love with the characters.  

28/100
    LittleL 8/10/07
    Baby E 11/27/10

Check out my makeup and reading blog:
    Books and Beauty
  • Something Borrowed, Something Blue

White Lines

Red Tent

Birth of Venus

• I don't know how many times I've read A Farewell to Arms. ?I read the Stephanie Plum books out of order so I told dh maybe after the baby is born and my reading time is limited then I'll re-read them in order. ?
    imageimage
  • I typically don't read books a second time, but I have read Go Ask Alice 4 times.  My copy is in 2 pieces. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Twilight (and the others), any Austen, Harry Potter books.... basically anything I loved the first time.
    image Visit The Nest! image
  • I love to re-read. If I like a book at all and have a chance to read it again, I usually will.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The only books that I have re-read recently are Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.  During my 4 years of law school I fell into a "reading for pleasure black hole" and read only my case books and if I wasn't reading those I was sleeping.  I have just recently picked up reading for my own pleasure since late August.  I would LOVE to re-read my Harry Potters soon!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Twilight series, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Queen of Babble series (but it'd have to be a little while before I re-read it.
  • image NSL:

image RevJen:
    I think it's more that I love the characters in the books...They're like comfort food for the mind.

Huge ditto to this.  I re-read books often, but only because I've fallen in love with the characters.  

I third this.  I find that I can gain perspective on certain books as I re-read them.  I have also started to noitice new things about books I read in HS/college as I get older.

I'm re-reading the Outlander series now even though I just discovered it this summer.  I've found it even more enjoyable than the first time, perhaps because I devoured it, or maybe because since I know what's happening, I savor the detail more.

• image RevJen:
    Pretty much any book I own.  If I enjoy it the first time, they're just as enjoyable every other time through.

Same here!  If I loved the book I could easily re-read it.

• Twentieth Wife and the sequel A Feast of Roses by Indu Sundaresan - These books are historical fiction based on the women of the Mugal empire royal harems.  I just finished reading them for maybe the 3rd time?

Anything by Amy Tan - my favorite is A Hundred Secret Senses.

Dracula by Bram Stoker. very well written and entertaining throughout.

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

I also reread every book I own. 

• I love rereading books. ?There are some I could read over and over like comfort food, even though I know them by heart, like some fantasy series I got hooked on in high school. ?And then there are books that seem new each time I read them, like Anna Karenina.
  • I like to re-read books, but haven't been doing it as much since I got in on some PBS action- now I always have new ones to read.

I've read Gone with the Wind and?embarrassing?amount of times, ?same with the Stand. ?Those are the only 2 I've read a crazy amount of times, but there are a LOT of books that I've read twice. Nothing wrong with that.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I don't read very many books over and over again, but now that I think about it, I do think that it may be the characters that bring me back to the few I do love to re-read. Which are:

Emily of New Moon series

Elizabeth Peters books

Bab: A Sub Deb by Mary Roberts Rinehart

There are maybe a few others that I can reread after several years, when I don't really remember what happened anymore :)

• All of the Harry Potters

Twilight

Ones I'm hoping to reread:

The Giver

A Tale of Two Cities

Marley and Me

image Emily 7-10-04
    My Food Blog Visit The Nest!