Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Holiday Soiree to meet the neighbors?

We just moved to an apartment in Seattle and I was thinking of inviting all the people in our building over for drinks and appetizers so that we can meet everyone.

The holidays are always so busy for everyone, is it too late to send out some invites? How would you word it?

Thanks!

Re: Holiday Soiree to meet the neighbors?

• Our party is next Saturday and we sent out the invite back in October. You can still try to send out the invite now but understand that a lot of people might already have plan since December is just hectic with family obligations. Another option is consider doing it in the first two weekends in January.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • ?We sent out inivtes about six weeks in advance. You might also consider doing it on a weeknight (a thursday?), when people may have more open schedules. You could make it like an open house, drop in thing. and if it turns into more of a party, great.?
  • I would do a Thursday night open house.  Our calendars have been booked for awhile, too.
  • ditto others about Thursday night - sounds fun, good luck!
  • I think that this is a great idea!  Someone had mentioned to do it after the holidays.  If you sent out invites now, then people would still get (and prolly appreciate!) that is a holiday party. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • we have a party every year after christmas because we hope everyone's parties are done and more people are available.  I don't think it's too late at all to notify them.