D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BLT Steak Restaurant Review

I posted this on another board since I followed the advice of a nestie over there and tried this restaurant.  I wouldn't recommend it.  No 

We just returned from our overnight "vacation" downtown, and we ended up at BLT Steak for dinner.  I would say it was definitely not the best restaurant I've been to, but I'm glad we tried it. 

The popovers were different and great, but we were already a little full from an appetizer at McCormick and Schmicks, so we didn't want to fill up too much before the actual dinner.  We each had a little of one of them, and I wish I remembered to grab the recipe card that was attached, but I left it. :( 

The server was obnoxious.  The place was empty, which I guess had to do with the fact that it is a very "businessy" part of the city and it was a Saturday night.  Our server literally hovered over our table and grabbed things away every few minutes.  She even tried to take my husband's 1/2 full wine glass, and he had to get it back from her.  After the popovers and pate had been at our table for about 10 minutes, she swooped in and goes "You didn't like them?"  We said "Well, we don't want to fill up too much before dinner, but we're enjoying them."  She then whisked them away with a face.  What happened to relaxing and enjoying a meal???

DH got the jumbo shrimp and I ordered the filet, and we shared them both.  We also had a baked potato.  The shrimp were wonderful, but the filet was just ok.  Ray's the Steaks in Arlington has by far the best steaks we've ever had, and it is hard not to compare every steak I ever order to them. Compared to Ray's it was not great.

Overall I'm glad we tried it, but the server's rush rush attitude, even though we were literally the only people in the restaurant, was enough to make me not want to go back.  DH and I were joking that if a family was visiting from Italy they would have thought she was a psycho.  For that amount of money it should have been more of an experience, and not a 45 minute quick dinner stop. 

Re: BLT Steak Restaurant Review

• Thanks for the review. I've never been there before. I've always thought of it as just a lunch location; maybe that's why your sever was so rushed and no one else was there?

Next time you are in that part of town you should try Olives! They always have a crowd on the evenings during the weekend and the food is amazing, IMO.

• I'm not a big fan of BLT... I keep going back to give it another try and I haven't been impressed so far.?