Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A REAL long shot...help me remember YA book?

Okay, for some reason this book (or possibly series of books) I read when I was a teenager just popped into my head. If anyone can help me remember the title I would be so excited. This is a total long shot, though, because I don't remember many details.

Okay, there were some teenagers and they lived on this island that was off the coast of...? somewhere on the East coast I am assuming. They had to take a ferry to get anywhere interesting.

One of the characters was a blind guy. He was a hot, blind teenage boy. He knew how to get around their small island by counting the steps everywhere.

He had a girlfriend, and I think his sister was one of the main characters.

I know this is NOTHING to go on, but if this sounds familair to ANYONE, please let me know. 

I am sitting here working on my NaNo and a scene from one of these books popped into my head. The blind guy and his gf are on the ferry and he's telling her things are more effective in threes. Like repetition. I swear I pictured it in my head like I just read the dang book yesterday. I'm going to try to Google, but I wanted to throw it out to you ladies, too.

(Sorry if this makes no sense. I'm NaNo delerious right now.)

image image image
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: A REAL long shot...help me remember YA book?

• For some reason, I feel like his name was Ben. :-

Man, this is going to drive me nuts. It's going to bug me until I remember.

image image image
  • Great Googly Moogly, I found it.

(I love that I am having a conversation by myself)

image image image
  • That's an excellent memory! ?I wonder if you pick one up today if it would keep your interest like it did when you were a teen.

Click it if you can't say it!
  • That's so weird - I was just talking about those books last week! ?I never even knew about them when I was a teen but I read the entire series when I worked as a school librarian and they were just sitting on the shelf. ?
  • That is too funny - I was just thinking about these books the other day!
  • I was really scratching my head last night because all the ones I found were published in 1998/1999 and I SWEAR I read them earlier than that.

Upon further research, they were originally called Boyfriends/Girlfriends (or Girlfriends/Boyfriends...something like that) and published in 1992 or so with different covers.

Now I TOTALLY want to read them again. I wonder if they are still in the box in my parents' garage...

image image image