Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll!

Read my blog!
Mom, why are you washing my feed in the sink?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll!

• ginger cookies for the office, and candy cane ones for me!

:)

pretty please?
  • Oh, and last year LHC (of ML) posted her nan's ginger cookie recipe, it's delish.? Mr.'s absolute favourite cookies ever.? I can post it for you if you like.
  • I vote for the candy cane chocolate ones.  Just make sure you bake extra for yourself....they sound delicious.

• ms. dolly, I would like to formally request the Delish Nan's Ginger Cookie Recipe.
  • I have made these SO MANY times.? both regular sugar and coarse sugar work for rolling.

?

Date: 11/15/2007 at 9:02 PM

?

3/4 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1/4 cup molasses

2 1/4 cups flour

2 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Sugar

Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, egg and molasses until well blended. Stir in flour, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 1/2" balls.

Roll balls in sugar. Place balls on un-greased cookie sheet (I put parchment paper down to prevent burning on the bottoms). Bake at 350?F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and still puffed. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes; remove to plate with wax paper to finish cooling.

IF YOU WANT THEM CRUNCHY: Store on a plate covered with aluminum foil.

TO KEEP THEM CHEWY: After ten minutes of cooling, put them in a tupperware/gladware container lined with wax paper and keep the lid on. After a couple of days, if they get hard, put a piece of bread in with them. The cookies will retain the moisture from the bread and stay chewy.

• They both sound awesome but I am a little more partial to the ginger ones!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Ooh the gingerbread ones sound yummy!! And thanks Dolly for sharing a recipe, mmmmm.