Austin Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Brad & Angelina's Twins have arrived!!

From PerezHilton.com:

Congratulations to Brad & Angelina!

The happy couple have welcomed their twins, two girls.

The babies are named Island Marcheline (after Angelina's late mom) and Amelie Jane (in honor of Brad's mother).

Poor Shiloh. She's no longer the baby AND her birthday is within a week of the twins'!

Re: Brad & Angelina's Twins have arrived!!

• catkinscatkins member
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker

I'm sorry.  They named their child ISLAND?

Give me a break.  They need to stop having kids...

• WOW, I thought they weren't due until August!!  I hope they're doing well, even though I think their momma's a home wrecker.  Wink
  • ALREADY - not that I knew how far along she was anyway.  I like the name Island, it's strange but then again I've heard worst.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image brideonjuly8:
    even though I think their momma's a home wrecker.  Wink

lol- I am forever on team anniston

• I also like the name Island Paradise, though I would never have the guts to use it.  I certainly like it better than Apple at the very least!
    I was anti-Angelina for a long time too, but have decided to cut her some slack recently. 
  • AmandaAmanda member

I'm pretty sure that Perez Hilton just transcribed this one wrong.   ET says babies are Isla and Amelie.  That makes more sense. 

• This was just on People....

Contrary to a flurry of recent reports that Angelina Jolie has delivered her twins, PEOPLE confirms that the rumors are not true.

"Angelina has not given birth. She is fine, enjoying her home and her family in France," a rep for the actress tells PEOPLE.

Jolie and Brad Pitt recently signed a long-term lease for a chateau on the French Riviera. The 32-year-old ? already mom to to Maddox, 6; Pax, 4; Zahara, 3; and Shiloh, 2 ? also revealed to reporters at Cannes Film Festival that she was considering giving birth in France ? and that French is the "second language" in the family's home.

• image mcurban:

image brideonjuly8:

Me too! Jennifer soooo should be having his babies, IMO.  I thought she was due in July, but I guess with twins you can expect them to be early.  Seems super early because they didn't "officially" announce it until a few months ago...

• I've never been a fan of Jennifer Aniston.  She was always too plain for me and I don't think she was ever really that talented.  As for her marriage to Brad Pitt he was just as much a party to their breakup as Angelina so I put some of the blame of a broken marriage on him as well. 

I heard that the reps are denying they had the babies.  I don't know who to believe!  :(

• image amyliisa:
    image mcurban:

image brideonjuly8:

Me too! Jennifer soooo should be having his babies, IMO. 

Me too! I hate to love Jolie's movies 'cause I think she's a total home wrecker. Poor Jen. (Sure Brad's to blame, too.)

If the story had been true, and the baby had been named Island, there could be some joke about "No man is an island, but a baby girl is"...but since none of it's true, I guess that joke's a bust.Stick out tongue 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I was totally team Aniston, but I, too have decided to like Angelina again. Actually, for the first time. I didn't like her pre-good-deeds. However, I'm still ANTI BRAD! LOL I met him once in Austin, my bf's dad sold him a house here about 10 years ago. He was rude and looked like a homeless person and STUNK. Then he had to go and wreck his OWN home and leave his perfectly nice wife? Eh he's on my list of least favorite men.
  • I TOTALLY agree that it take two to tango. All I'm saying is that if Jon were ever offered a role with her in a movie- he would take it over my dead body. It seems that relationships with her opposite star are her M.O.:

Jenny Shimizu- worked with her in Foxfire

Jonny Lee Miller- married him after Hackers

Thorton- married after Pushing Tin

Collin Ferrel- worked with him in Alexander

Brad Pitt- Mr and Mrs Smith 

• Brad apparently wanted to add some meaning to his life, something beyond just the superficial Hollywood crap, and he apparently wanted children also. He found someone who is passionate about helping refugees and children around the world, someone who encourages him to engage in charitable activities too, and someone who is more than happy to make babies with him. Life is too short to stay with someone who makes you unhappy or who doesn't want children when you do. So I say, good for Brad!

I like Amelie and Isla as names, but I'm not so sure about Island. Although, Meredith would probably like it. She told me last night that she wants "a baby see-ter" and that we should name her, "Kite." Stick out tongue

• I guess I am just the kind of person who doesn't believe "life is too short" is an acceptable excuse to cheat on your spouse or have an affair with a married man.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • On Brad and Jenn:

(a)  Why didn't the two of them agree on / talk about children BEFORE they got married?

(b)  Fine...if you want to leave, leave.  And THEN be with someone else.  Don't cheat first and then leave. 

I have no problem with Angelina or Jennifer.  Brad is another subject.  I'll never look at him the same.  LOL

• I have no idea why Brad and Jennifer didn't talk about or agree on having kids before they got married. They're not exactly close friends of mine. ;) Or maybe they did talk about it and one person changed his or her mind after the fact. For A LOT of people, kids are a dealbreaker. If you want them and your spouse doesn't, someone is going to have to give up an awful lot for the marriage to work.

No, I don't agree with cheating (although if you're legally separated with divorce pending, I'm not sure that I really consider that fully cheating), but I do think that if you and your spouse aren't happy and you believe the marriage can't be saved, it's better to end it and find someone else who makes you happy instead of staying together and being miserable. 

Really though, I don't understand the outrage over two celebrities splitting up. It happened several years ago. It's over. They've both moved on with their lives. It's time to let it go. Stick out tongue 

• image mcgee:

No, I don't agree with cheating (although if you're legally separated with divorce pending, I'm not sure that I really consider that fully cheating), but I do think that if you and your spouse aren't happy and you believe the marriage can't be saved, it's better to end it and find someone else who makes you happy instead of staying together and being miserable. 

Really though, I don't understand the outrage over two celebrities splitting up. It happened several years ago. It's over. They've both moved on with their lives. It's time to let it go. Stick out tongue 

Brad and Jennifer didn't separate until January 2005. Brad had been filming "M/M Smith" since January 2004 (with the director "ecstatic" over the chemistry on set).  The divorce was not filed until April of 2005 (by Anniston) and Pitt went on vacation with Jolie and her son less than a month later. Talk about a slap in the face.

I certainly don't feel outrage, but I just take issue with women who pursue married men and men who cheat on their wives.

ETA: while I would LOVE to say I knew that off the top of my head, I found out the info by googling "Mr/Mrs Smith timeline"