Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Website Questions

Ok so I am website stupid.  For example, I had to look up online to find out what a "domain name" is.  Basically, I want to get a website for my daycare.  A lot of you girls have photography sites so I thought maybe you know more then me.  I am not looking for something crazy.  I looked on Go Daddy and can buy a domain name for $10 per year.  Does that seem right?  Also, I buy my business cards from VistaPrint and they now have websites for $10 per month.  Does that sound right? ANY suggestions welcome. I am SO lost....
DSC_0263

Re: Website Questions

• That's a pretty good deal. I use Fatcow.com for everything, domain and hosting, it's also not a bad deal. Let me know if you need any more help, [email protected]
  • Erin I love you.  Okay one more question...if I buy the domain name from Go Daddy and start using somewhere like Fatcow for hosting, can I later switch it and still have the same name?
    DSC_0263
  • Yep, once you own it you can host it anywhere

• And as a free option, you can always just use google's blogspot. You can have static things on the sides of the posts or you can organize the posts into "pricing, activity schedule, type of teaching methods, rules, etc.) where the prospective customer can click on those categories and get the post that deals with the subject..