Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Helicopter Crash

A helicopter just crashed at Spectrum Health.

You can see the smoke here in Hudsonville.

Say a prayer.   

Re: Helicopter Crash

• We just went and looked at it. I so hope no one got hurt and I so hope that I don't go into labor anytime soon!
  • I was jsut going to post, I *hope* it's not....

I don't even know what to say. I hope no one is injured? I hope there aren't too many injured??

• http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=815169

Here's a link to the wood TV skycam. Kind of bizzare, but it looks like they've gotten everything cleaned up.

• Multiple injuries reported and they're evacuating certain parts of the hospital.

Christina, tell Baby Jason to sit tight!

• The Press is doing a great job covering the story with continual updates here
  • Update for everyone:

Please note that the media has reported conflicting information. There were 2 people on board during the crash. Both are in stable condition. No patients were involved in the crash. Spectrum Health emergency teams and the fire department were on site to react. There will be a Spectrum Health press conference held at 3:30pm that will be televised on WoodTV 8 if anyone is interested. Thanks everyone!

• My doctor just called and said Labor & Delivery is back open and so is the Emergency Room...

• We were told they had to evacuate the top three floors of the hospital -- sending patients to other area facilities.  No one having to come to kzoo yet *fingers crossed*.
  • It was a crazy day yesterday. They got the patients from the center tower back to thier rooms about 3pm. The ER opened back up a little after 5pm. They moved the PICU kids to the surgery holding area and kinda scattered everyone else. The center tower elevator were still closed when I went home at 9:30.  I doubt they will be open today. They were flooded with jet fuel and tons  of water.  

We on second shift spent the rest of the night trying to play catch up!  For the most part after 3pm it seemed like any other day at the hospital. Once first shift left there really wasn't much talk of it.