Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

anyone been to the hollywood bowl?

I am trying to figure out the best way to get there. I heard parking is horrible. But there doesn't seem to be any park and rides available for our event. But there is also the bowl/bus shuttle. Or maybe just take a taxi from our hotel? We are staying at the westin near the airport so I really am not sure just how close we are to bowl.

Also are cameras allowed in the bowl? According the website they aren't but just wondering maybe it's something that's not really enforced.

TIA ladies

Re: anyone been to the hollywood bowl?

• I've never been there, but I stayed at the Westin in Long Beach. It was a really nice hotel. Who are you seeing at the bowl?
  • In the past we just get there early and we just park in their parking lots and it hasn't been that bad. One time we parked futher away and took the shuttle in. As for cameras I can't remember.

What are you guys going and seeing?

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest image
  • we are going this weekend to see the Cure. It's my anniversary present to DH.
  • That should be a good show!

imageimageimage

• I hope so. I don't know anything about the cure. And this will only be my 2nd concert ever. So it should be interesting. Especially with me having to pee every 1/2 hr. I told DH he can probably just find me hanging out by the food stands or in the bathroom :)

He is so excited though so it will be fun just seeing him enjoy himself.

• The hollywood bowl is a great venue too. We always try to go to at least one show a summer. There's something about being outside on a summer evening listening to good music!
    imageimageimage

• I am jealous! I love The Cure!! Have fun!
  • There are a couple of shows I would like to go to but none are on a weekend though. :(
    imageimageimage

• Kat- your post got me looking at who is playing and I think we are going to try and go see Feist!
    imageimageimage

• I <3 the Cure so much. I've seen them 3 times and, not be be a downer, but I'm so not impressed with them in concert. Hopefully you'll have a better experience!
  • image BeckiC:
    I <3 the Cure so much. I've seen them 3 times and, not be be a downer, but I'm so not impressed with them in concert. Hopefully you'll have a better experience!

DH has seen them once before and love it. this time we have much better seats so he is even more eager to go. but he also loves the cure so much that there isn't much they could do that would make him not like the concert.

• we go every year to the bowl for one of the philharmonic shows...we've never had a problem with parking...we park across the street as long as you give yourself plenty of time i don't see it being a problem...or does your hotel provide a shuttle?
  • oh duh...we always bring our camera in...and never had a problem...i just stash it in my purse

but i don't have a huge conspicuous kind

• My sis saw The Police there last night, she did not take her camera.

She blogged about it:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=8316155&blogID=400331824