Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

another pet question!

You ladies always give good answers :0)

After contacting almost every animal shelter in the greater OKC area, and having a long conversation with a manx cat shelter in texas and our vet, we have come to the conclusion that our little kitten needs to be put down.  Her condition will leave her uncomfortable and in pain throughout her life. 

I have never had to put a pet down before, does anyone know about how much it costs?  Will the vet take care of her body afterwards? 

This has been such a hard decision and I'm still sick about it. 

Re: another pet question!

• I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is. My family just put one of our dogs down recently. As it was my parents dog, I'm not sure about cost. The vet will take care of the body, so no need to worry about that. Some people choose to be in there with the animal and others do not. My husband was there when he put his childhood pet down, but my parents chose not to be there for theirs. I know it is a hard choice, but it takes a bigger person to realize that kind of suffering the animal will go through rather than be selfish and keep the animal around just for yourself. I'm really sorry. Hang in there.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow, what a tough decision. You're doing the right thing although I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. You will be in my prayers.

Sorry, I haven't ever put down a pet either, so I'm not sure of the cost.  

• i know that for dogs it usually goes by weight... at least it has in the past when my mom has had to put down the numerous dogs in our childhood (my dad always stayed out of it)...

it is hard to make that decision but you have to make but where those little animals are concerned you are their caregiver and you have to do what you think is best! 

HUGS!