Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Chafing Dish Question

Some time ago, I wrote a post about my family and DH's family asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I was mostly concerned with completing our registry and getting any items I would need for formal dinners and/or casual parties. As you can see I am a budding hostess with a lot to learn! LOL

Someone mentioned that I add a buffet warmer or chafing dish to the list. I found a good one, based on a nestie reccomendation.

Two Questions:

1. What do you typically put in your chafing dish?

2. Does anyone have tips for using one at a party?

Thank you for any information!!!

(P.S. I am getting a chafing dish that holds 6 quarts and is divided into two sections.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Chafing Dish Question

• You should be able to put anything in that you want to keep hot.  If it's electric just plug it in, make sure the cord is secure (tape it to the floor or put a mat over it), and stir occassionally.
  • You will love having a chaffing dish for parties and even casual get togethers. Like pp said you can place anything you need to keep warm in the dish;think of a sunday brunch you have been to.
    However I would not place soup like consistency items in it, I would place them in a crock pot.
    Remember to always make sure there is enough water in the trough if you have a sterno underneath it otherwise the base unit will burn (and stink!) if the sterno is on. Only add very hot water; the sterno will not able to heat cold water.
    If you are just wanting to keep something slightly warm like cookies & brownies for a sundae bar then do not use the sterno and just add the hot water.

Some ideas for your chaffing dish are:
    Fajita meat / Tortillas
    Sliced turkey, ham, pork or chicken / Mashed potatoes
    Steamed Veggies / Casserole
    Stir Fry / Rice
    Scrambled Eggs / Breakfast Meats

Have fun...

• Thank you everyone for your help!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers