Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Last minute New Years' Party Suggestions..

Anyone have any to share? We are having a Housewarming/ New Year's party. We are doing some simple appetizers such as sweedish meatballs, chx. skewers, meat and cheese plate, little sandwiches, possibly choc. with fruit fondue and other desserts. And plenty of different drinks both alcoholic and non. As for entertainment, we have our pool table in the basement, hot tub, Wii, and lots of board games. We are planning on having 15-20ish people. Our house will still be decorated for Xmas, but I would like to add some other New Years' decorations, but don't want to spend alot of money. I was thinking of going to the party store and see what they have. :)

Re: Last minute New Years' Party Suggestions..

• If there's a good dollar store anywhere around you, they usually have a lot of decorations for the holidays.
  • I didn't think about the $ store. Great idea, thanks. Keep 'em comin ladies :)
  • I just saw a ton of New Years stuff like the little poppers and that kind of thing in the dollar bins at Target.  It's not a decoration, but it's something fun.  Your food sounds delicious, and the entertainment sounds perfect!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think your food and entertainment sound great! As for decorations, our Walgreens had some fun hats, blowers, noise makers, centerpieces, etc at pretty decent prices!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a party every year & last year I got a whole kit with hats, tiaras, noisemakers & decorations at CVS pretty cheap. It's nice because I just put them away to reuse this year. I'm also going to have a bowl of fortunes for everyone to pick and read aloud. I just went online & printed out a bunch of funny chinese proverbs & quotes. I put them on pieces of paper & rolled the paper then tied it with a ribbon. I figured I'd wait til everyone had a few drinks & have everyone pick their fortune for the new year. Good luck with your party. Happy New Year.
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2eajrxv.jpg[/IMG]