Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

French toast casserole recipe?

I'm looking for a good french toast casserole recipe.  I've searched for some online, but I'm just not sure which ones are best!  I saw one with the praline topping (I think it was Paula Deen's), but I can't do that one because we have someone who can't eat nuts. 

Thanks!

Re: French toast casserole recipe?

• BAKED FRENCH TOAST

1 stick butter, 2 T pancake syrup, 3/4 c packed brown sugar, 1 1/2 c milk, 6 eggs, 1 t vanilla, loaf of french or italian bread (but I always use challah)

Melt butter, brown sugar, and syrup together in saucepan.  Pour into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish and put bread on top in layers.  Beat together eggs, milk and vanilla and pour on top of bread.  Put in a refrigerator overnight.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

• Baked French Toast ?(wrysmyguy)

Oneloaf of white bread, cubed (dry works best)
    6 large eggs
    1 1/2 c. milk
    1 c. light cream
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1 c. butter, melted
    1/2 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
    1 c. pecans
    1 TBSP. corn syrup (light)

1 c. raisins or chocolate chips (optional)

Butter a 13x10 glass pan. ?Arrange bread pieces to cover the bottom of thepan, generously (I usually do at least two layers deep). ?Layer chocolatechips and or raisins over the bread. ?Beat together eggs, milk, cream,vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Before baking mix butter, brown sugar, pecans and corn syrup. Spread over thetop layer of the bread.
    Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes in a 350-degree oven until firm.?