Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need help ladies! Looking for good egg/breakfast bake

I want to have a big xmas day breakfast and was thinking of making a breakfast bake...or egg bake of some sort.  Have never made one before to be honest and there are some in the recipe books i have but was wondering if maybe any of you have a fantastic recipe that you might have time to share with me.  Heading out today to groc shop so was hoping to come up with something tasty! THanks.

Re: Need help ladies! Looking for good egg/breakfast bake

• I usually make French Toast casserole or some kind of egg/cheese/spinach casserole. ?It's so easy and I make it the night before and just heat up or cook it in the morning.?

I usually use www.allrecipes.com to find a recipe that has been highly rated.?

• My fave -- crowd pleaser, but some labor involved! I usually double the recipe, since DH will eat a tray himself if i don't stop him.

Baked Hotcakes and Sausages 

Makes 4 servings - preheat over to 450, grease pan

1/2 lb. sausage, browned

2 Tbs butter or margarine, melted

2/3 c milk

1 egg, beaten

1 c flour

2 Tbs sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/2 cup apples, finely chopped

1.  mix liquid ingredients together, set aside.

2. Stir dry ingredients together.  Mix into dry ingredients (until just blended).

3. Fold in apples.

4. Pour into greased 11" x 7" baking dish and top with sausages.

5. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve warm with butter and maple syrup. 

Variation:  Substitute browned bacon for sausage.