Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

new years eve party

my freinds and i are getting tired of the same old party.  we get together every couple of months at someone's house and just sit around and drink and laugh and talk.  we have a really good time when we get together but i think we are all realizing that we aren't in college anymore and we don't enjoy being hung over the next day.  dh and i host the new years party and us girls are trying to figure out something new to do.  we know that the guys will drink beer all night and someone will streak (boys will be boys)  but we don't want to do our usual jello shots and wine coolers till we can hardly make it up the stairs...i think you get the picture.  i have purchased some party games like taboo and catch phrase and someone is bringing pictionary.  any other suggestions???

Re: new years eve party

• If your crowd is into it, a murder mystery can be fun.  You could even get people to dress the part.  Again, some people aren't into it. 

What about some sort of tournament?  It could be cribbage, darts, video games, or you could make up your own game. 

Again, depending on your crowd, trival pursuit or a scene it (tv version) could be an option. 

What about making food together?  We did pizza's last year - everyone had a job to do (rolling out the dough, sauce, putting on ingredients, making sure it didn't burn).  It was fun. 

If the girls are crafty you could do some sort of craft - maybe make an ornament for the tree??  It could be an annual thing - how fun would it be to look back over the years!!

That's all I got right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We usually do board games with friends too. We have hit that stage where everyone is either pg. or nursing, so the drunken New Year's have passed. We plan on doing a Wii bowling tournament this year. I also saw a new game called Partini that looks like it would be fun, with or without the drinks.

PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • We do board games, too.  Everyone seems to love Cranium.
  • Apples to Apples is always a fun game.  It gets better the more you drink and the guys even like it too!