Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

christmas game ideas???

my mom is wanting to do some games this year at our family christmas... she has a game where we see who can open a present the fastest with mittens on our hands.. anyone have any other ideas?? tia!

Re: christmas game ideas???

• Form teams and have the teams choose a model, a spokesperson, and a design team. Each team has to design an "outfit" using wrapping paper, garland, bows, tape, etc. At the end of the allotted time the model has to walk the "runway" and the spokesperson has to describe the ensemble and the model wearing it. We do this at our cookie exchange and it's a blast, although we never pick a winner. We just do it for fun. :)

• Not festive but my Dads side of the family plays "catch phrase" every year. Last year we played for 6 hours while eating apps, cookies etc.

It was SOOO much fun because my team kept winning Big Smile
  • Not festive but my Dads side of the family plays "catch phrase" every year. Last year we played for 6 hours while eating apps, cookies etc.

It was SOOO much fun because my team kept winning Big Smile
  • The quarter game!  Very fun for all ages.  Only need three prizes (one per game) and one quarter.  Designate one person to be the "flipper."  Everyone else who would like to play has to guess if the toss is going to land on heads or tails.  Each player will denote their guess by placing either their hands on their head or rump for tails.  Who ever guess? wrong, has to sit down.  Continue until there's only one person standing or a tie!

• We play pictionary every single year on Christmas Eve since I can remember. It's a tradition and so fun!
  • That is so not the quarters we used to play in college ;)