May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random Question

I stole this from other board...I figured it would be good to get some discussion here...

Who does most of the housework in your house? 

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"

Re: Random Question

• Me

H likes to vacuum, he'll take out the trash and help me do a mini clean up.

I do the laundry, deep cleaning, cooking, put away the dishes etc..

But I love doing these things and I'd rather do them myself (I'm a bit of a perfectionist) and it would be more of a pain in the @ss for me to beg H to do more of the housework...

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Me.

H takes out the trash. I'll occassionally ask him to load/unload the dishwasher but he never fills the dishwasher when he runs it, and when he puts dishes away it's always a scavenger hunt for me to find them!

If there are any dishes that need to be washed by hand, that's definitely his job. He's actually better at that than I am.

H will also help me tidy up when we're expecting company, otherwise I do the regular housework.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• H will do a quick clean up, usually the living room, sometimes the kitchen, but I do pretty much everything else :)
  • I do.  DH takes out the trash.  His idea of cleaning is piling and hiding.  I need to get him to start helping more!  We have a lot of work to do on our house and I do most of it.
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3d6f8d] My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • I am pretty spoiled...H probably does more than me but I guess its pretty equal. 

For whatever reason I do the bathrooms and the kitty litter and he does the lawn and cooks  but other than that we both do laundry and dishes and try to keep the house up to semi organized hah

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • image bpphoto785:

Me.

H takes out the trash. I'll occassionally ask him to load/unload the dishwasher but he never fills the dishwasher when he runs it, and when he puts dishes away it's always a scavenger hunt for me to find them!

If there are any dishes that need to be washed by hand, that's definitely his job. He's actually better at that than I am.

H will also help me tidy up when we're expecting company, otherwise I do the regular housework.

This word for word. plus my H also vacuums.

• image cpm1223:

Me

H likes to vacuum, he'll take out the trash and help me do a mini clean up.

I do the laundry, deep cleaning, cooking, put away the dishes etc..

But I love doing these things and I'd rather do them myself (I'm a bit of a perfectionist) and it would be more of a pain in the @ss for me to beg H to do more of the housework...

I could have written this! DH also does the dishes along with the vacuuming though. He cleans the kitchen after supper, loads the dishwasher and usually unloads it.

Photobucket
  • image toothpastechica:
    image bpphoto785:

Me.

This word for word. plus my H also vacuums.

My H vacuums sometimes too!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• If I ask for h's help he'll help with it all but he won't take the initiative to do it himself. Unless he's mad. He's been ticked off and cleaned te kitchen a few times. It's kinda funny. I clean bathrooms (he wouldn't do it right anyway) and I'll vacuum. H will wash floors. We both do dishes and clean up the kitchen. I cook. H can't cook worth a damn. And he'll generally help organize. Outside stuff is mostly all him, I hate shoveling and lawn mowing. 
    View Full Size Image
  • image heightdeprived:
    If I ask for h's help he'll help with it all but he won't take the initiative to do it himself. Unless he's mad. He's been ticked off and cleaned te kitchen a few times. It's kinda funny. I clean bathrooms (he wouldn't do it right anyway) and I'll vacuum. H will wash floors. We both do dishes and clean up the kitchen. I cook. H can't cook worth a damn. And he'll generally help organize. Outside stuff is mostly all him, I hate shoveling and lawn mowing. 

That's so funny! I'd be tempted to piss my H off JUST so that he'd have the urge to clean!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I think it's pretty even for us. H usually does laundry and dishes and takes out the trash. He gets home before me and I don't see why he can't do a couple of loads of laundry or load and unload the dishwasher. I usually do the actually cleaning like dusting and bathrooms and vaccum and all deep cleaning. He also does all outside stuff but I feel that's his job anyway.