May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

am I over reacting?(rant)

So my H & I went to see his parents sunday night to visit and to go see his grandparents monday. We just got back home today I dropped my H off at school. I get back to the apartment and my BIL is in our room watching t.v seriously i am mad he didn't even text us and ask. I feel as if our space has been violated. I didn't confront him but I let my H know and  do not think he will be happy. So my BIN just came out of our room and said you can go in now...SERIOUSLY??!!! We share a 2 bdrm apartment with his brother because the go to the same University. We also do not have cable so we only get what is over the air and we do have a t.v in our living room but it only gets 3 channels and our room get about 8 for some reason our antenna in our room is stronger. So the t.v in our room gets the channel he was watching. So I am over reacting that he went in our bedroom to watch tv? I am so just so mad that he was in our room with out asking us first. Plus the show was watching he can watch online later. What do you think ladies?
imageimage

Re: am I over reacting?(rant)

• I would not be happy. I am with you. Your bedroom is your space. I would let your H handle it though. Let them sort it out. For your sake, I hope this living situation is only temporarily! :)
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • Yes this is only temporary(YAY) only a couple more weeks till they both graduate they my BIL goes back home and H & live here just us 2, and hopefully for not to much longer H will find a job for his bachelors degree and we move else where hopefully out of state :).
    imageimage

• It's crappy that he didn't ask before, but if its the only room that gets decent channels on tv, I can see why he'd want to be in there!

I guess I would just ask him (or have your H ask) if he can ask permission before going in there if he's just going in to watch tv on occasion. Or if you don't want him in there at all, tell him that.

(ps. what's a BIN? I'm thinking you meant BIL, and I can't figure out what the "n" in BIN means....)

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• image cpm1223:

It's crappy that he didn't ask before, but if its the only room that gets decent channels on tv, I can see why he'd want to be in there!

I guess I would just ask him (or have your H ask) if he can ask permission before going in there if he's just going in to watch tv on occasion. Or if you don't want him in there at all, tell him that.

(ps. what's a BIN? I'm thinking you meant BIL, and I can't figure out what the "n" in BIN means....)

yea I ment BIL  

imageimage

• I can see why he would want to be in there but I still don't think he should have been in there. You are not over reacting I would have freaked out and blew a head gasket. You handled it much better than me.
  • I agree with you and the other ladies, you had every right to be upset. I am really particular about my space so finding someone in my bedroom would have not been OK with me. Your H needs to say something to him as soon as he gets home so it doesn't have time to blow over in BIL's eyes. It doesn't have to be some big confrontation, he just simply needs to tell him that you are not comfortable with him being in your room, nothing more.
    Hey, Hey Hockeytown!photo hockeytown_zps6a7377b0.jpg