May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

They say the first year is the hardest... (GTKY/check-in)

Wednesday is May 1st!  This means some of us are merely days away from our anniversaries...  wow!

1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage?

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage?

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married?

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married?

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage?

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less:

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less:

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage?

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage?

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

Re: They say the first year is the hardest... (GTKY/check-in)

• 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? 

I dont think I had any exceptions. We been together for 5 years at that point and lived together for 2 so it really wasn't anything too different. 

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? 

1. Honeymoon was so amazing. 2. The summer was just like a dream world living on a high, best time of my life. 3. Disneyworld, first time together 

I was a little worried that H would still expect to go out as much as he was while we were dating/engaged. Thankfully he has mostly acted like a married man ha! 

this may sound horrible, but I had to really let it sit that I never be with other man haha not that I really want to but i really liked my single days and just the fact of them never being there was a weird thing to give up. even with us being 5 years together and being completely faithful still that complete closure was weird 

that I really didnt feel any different haha 

awesome teamwork 

difficult, hardest year (but not due to actual marriage) 

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage?

I think we need to communicate on BIG issues more, like if we want a child, money etc...we kinda let it flow and let things happen but I think a little more communication in these big decisions will help  

Again, like I mentioned before we had a really tough year with my health and money and everything just not working, i wish we had a more blissful year but I say to him all the time, well we know we can handle the sh*t! I hope we get back on track with a little bit easier of a time. The good thing is we haven't let everything get our marriage upset. We are a great team.  We are best friends and I can't imagine my life without him. 

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? I was just excited to be Hs wife!

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? Honeymoon! We hosted our first holiday (Thanksgiving!) Paying off some major debt!

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married? We had been together for 7.5 and lived together for 4 years, so I wasn't expecting anything to change, and it really didn't.  

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married? The usual. Making sure we keep communicating, that we're saving money and not spending too much.

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage? How long it would take me to adjust to my married name! I still have to pause sometimes when introducing myself because I start saying the wrong name!

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less: laughter, teamwork, trust, honesty

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less: same as living in sin :)

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage? Helping out around the house more. That's my biggest complaing and one of my biggest frustrations!

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage? Not at all!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? Most excited to go on our honeymoon, see our wedding pictures when they came back, and just "be" - no job searching, no moving, no wedding planning, just finally living a relatively calm life for once!

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? 1) Honeymoon, 2) My MOH's wedding, 3) meeting our 2nd niece

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married? Not sure.  I guess I didn't know exactly what to expect, I honestly assumed it wouldn't much different since we lived together before we were married for a couple of years. 

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married? Letting go of that romanticized/envied position of being a "bride to be" and just being a old married broad, like most women older than a certain age.  Not really in relation to my H, but more strangers/patients/friends.  They are all excited to ask you about wedding planning, and how the wedding went for the first month or so after, but then...no one is nearly as interested or excited anymore.  Not that it was super hard for me or anything, but it's like any event that you really, really look forward to - it's always a little sad when it's all over!

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage? That feeling of contentment.  Not that I thought H wasn't committed before being married, but there is definitely something different about the commitment now.  It's just deeper.

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less: Going well =]

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less: FAST!

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage? For the most part I feel like things are great.  I guess if I had to pick something, I'd be a little more sane if H could just clean up after himself after making food more.  It's not that he doesn't help out around the house, it's just that I wish he could make his lunches & then just quick wipe the counter down...not let it sit covered in crap until the weekend!  And he's already working on this since we bought him some wipes to keep right on the counter =]

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage? Not that I can think of!

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage?   I was excited to finally live with my husband (which didn't happen for another 6 months  lol).

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage?   Getting pregnant (duh), Finally moving in together in October, Starting our house shopping

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married?    Moving in together  lol, we settled in really well so that was nice :)

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married?     Figuring out our finances, we're still all over the place with that.

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage?   How much laundry I'd be doing  lol

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less:    Always growing :)

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less:    Awesome and fast!

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage?   We both work really hard for our marriage.  If I had to choose one thing I'd say I wish he put his dirty clothes in the hamper, but it's really not that big of a deal, and I don't think that really has anything to do with the marriage, just the cleanliness of our bedroom.

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage?   Absolutely nothing. I think everything we've been through together has made us stronger and happier.

• Love this idea! 

1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? I couldn't wait to introduce DH as "my husband". I don't like the word fianc?! I was also excited to wear my two rings together and to see a ring on DH's hand :)

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? Seeing our wedding pictures/video for the first time, the honeymoon, and spending the summer together with no worries, no planning, just laughing and enjoying life.

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married? I don't think I thought about this. We had our adjustment period after we moved in together in September of 2011 and I didn't foresee any issues.

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married? Dealing with his family - his mom got hammered and said some pretty nasty things to me at the wedding and it really hurt me. Things have been difficult with them for a while, they're a really odd bunch. DH supported me and stood up for me, we limited our contact with them and now things are smoother. 

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage? How much free time we had after the wedding! We had less stress, and more sex LOL so many people I knew spoke about the "post-wedding blues" - we had the opposite!

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less: Strong, fun and happy partnership!

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less: I texted DH and asked him this question because I couldn't think of how to word it; he said "full of fun and love" :)

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage? I think for now we're in a very happy place. We communicate well, we have balanced lives and we make sure to put each other first.

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage? Not the first year, but in retrospect I would have saved more for the wedding. We spent more than we wanted and went into debt for it.

Photobucket
  • 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? Just to be a wife and have our own little family even if it was just the 2 of us. Also for us to be more involved in each others family since we then became a real part of the family.

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? Honeymoon, our cruise, and getting pregnant

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married? Adjusting to a new name and having to change everything over to beinga new MRS.

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married? Losing MIL she was such a huge part of our daily lives and we didn't realize how much time we actually spent with her until she was gone and now it's weird not to share a lot of big stuff with her

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage? How much better our relationship got. Not that marriage made it better but just how much closer we got and how much more we talk.

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less: Better than imagined

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less: Growing fast

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage? obviously communication every relationship/marriage needs that but also to remember little things like how much do laundry or dishes or just buying them something special let's them know you care

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage? Maybe to not have gone through so much stress in the beginning and to have been a little better with our money 

• **Carey, this is such a nice check in, so I'm going to forget about the fact that I want to punch H is the face today, long story short: He got pissed at me last night for snoring....yes....snoring....he slept on the couch for a few hours and was still all pissy this morning, but whenever it's him snoring, I just ignore it...ya we'll be having a lovely chat later tonight**

1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage? Just excited to finally be married!

2. What three memories will stand out as your favorite parts of your first year of marriage? 1. our honeymoon 2. our first married Christmas 3. Calling each other our husband/wife.

3. Looking back, what did you expect to be the hardest part of being married? I wasn't expecting much to change.

4. What actually was the hardest part of being married? hmm, not much has changed. Changing my name was a huge annoying process, and I still have credit cards with my maiden name on them.

5. What surprised you most about being married/your marriage? With recent months we had, H and I have really become a stronger unit, and I am happily surprised that horrible things can actually bring us together.

6. Describe your marriage in 5 words or less:  Strong, loving

7. Describe your first year of marriage in 5 words or less: Same as before!

8. Is there anything that you feel you or your spouse could do to improve your marriage? H could be more helpful sometimes with housework, etc. I also feel like we don't spend a huge amount of time together sometimes. On the weekends during the spring/summer he goes golfing so we miss out on spending a whole Sunday together.

9. Is there anything you would change about your first year of marriage? Nope!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• 1. Looking back, what were you most excited to do/see/be in your first year of marriage?
                    I was so excited to be H's wife for starters. I couldn't wait to see the pictures and the video.  

The morning after the wedding was sweet and sexy, our trip to Pittsburgh for out 6 month :), and our trip to Amish Country.  

I didn't really expect changes because we had already lived together for a year. 

Being in charge of the finances. We are almost debt free, which is amazing, but I worked really hard for it. It's scary. It is one thing to be in charge of you, but being in charge of someone else's money is crazy.

Finances and the ease at which we fell into it. And the lack of sex... It has been one thing after another with us... mostly me. I can't wait to be off the pill!

Beautiful, magical, special and fun. 

Ummm... beautiful, sincere, special, and fun. 

Communication... both of us try so hard to please the other that we let our own wants and needs fall to the back of the line.  

No. I love us... just the way we are. 

I think I was most excited just to be married. Have the wedding over, and just be able to be us. We lived together for about a year and a half before the wedding, so there wasn't too much i was waiting for.

All of the travelling we did last year, the renos we've done, the laughs we've had 

<b> I'm not sure, like I said, we lived together for a year and a half before. We'd combined finances already, there wasn't too much to change once we were actually married </b> 

So far it's been communication sometimes. H doesn't always communicate very well, but neither do it. Also, we've had our ups and downs in our sex life... which has been hard 

I guess how soon H has decided he's ready for kids.. which is awesome, and how we've grown with each other over the last year.

Always growing 

Couldn't be better 

I don't think so... maybe communicate a little bit better, but we always work things out!  

More money would always be nice.. but we get by. I really wouldn't change a thing. 

View Full Size Image

- To buy a house 

- Our honeymoon, family get-togethers, and friday night pizza and movie night 

- New last name 

- Stressing over money and job instability 

- That I could love my H even more each day.  

- Easy-going, laughter, immense love, and content with doing small things 

- Great with money issues thrown in 

- Work on solving issues/disputes with better communication 

- That my H father could be around  

Anniversary

* I was exited just to be his wife :)

*1st time Going to Disney World & getting our picture taken with Mickey :D

* 1st time flying

* 1st time on a white sandy beach in Florida

* not seeing my family all the time

* living with my BIN for the 1st year (can't wait in a few weeks it will just be me & H until we have kids)

* how much more close we got

* fun, exiting, sometime stressful, loveing

*same as last one

*communication, cleaning & laundry 

*I wouldn't change anything about our marriage  what doesn't kill you make you stronger

imageimage