May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sneakers?!

I need new sneakers. Any suggestions?

I only use them for the gym and then when its nice we do nice walks on the trails so I don't need anything crazy. I hate Nike.  

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"

Re: Sneakers?!

• It's too bad you have an intense dislike for Nike, because I was going to suggest Nike. I have had several pairs of Air Pegasus and LOVE them! I also have a pair of Shoks. I love those, but not as much as the former. I also have a pair of KSwiss Tubes that are pretty comfortable and seem to be a good all around sneaker.
  • I have a pair of new balance which were pretty inexpensive and I like them. I don't use them for much more than the treadmill and long walks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I wear New Balance sneakers (I have 3 pairs) and they're all I wear. I have issues with my feet so I wear sneakers almost all the time. They're comfortable, and affordable.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Thanks Ladies! I heard good things about New Balance. 
  • I second (or third?) New Balance. They have been my best running shoes to date and I use them for everything...running on pavement, treadmills, dirt trails, hiking etc.
  • I use Brooks for my running shoes and have had good luck with them!

Edit: this is GustieRx, my phone apparently used my TK account :) 

Anniversary
  • image skpurnell:

I use Brooks for my running shoes and have had good luck with them!

Edit: this is GustieRx, my phone apparently used my TK account :) 

Too funny when I saw this post...I was like who is SK  

• I'm also on the New Balance boat.  I use mine for my training and the half marathons that I run.  I love them because they are light and have plenty of arch support for me.  I do have the most god-awful looking pair though.  Flourscent green and blue.  They make my husband crinch.  But I told him, during my marathons, I'm easy to spot!
  • New Balance are awsome...but my last pair didnt do too well (work shoes) and I ended up switching to my Kswiss just daily sneakers and now my feet never hurt...so might have to look into that better when these get well worn lol...I have arch issues and since Im on my feet all 8hrs of my shift in puddles of water sometimes(darn fish tanks)...I look forward to sitting at home haha.

Nike are too narrow for me :(...I really liked my pair of Asics Ive had before too.

• My poditry Dr and ortho told me after I demolished my ankle that the only shoes anyone should ever put in their feet are New Balance.  The higher the model number the better the support.  (And they are made in the USA) 
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• I hate Nike also, they're WAY too tight on my feet (I have wide feet).

I have a pair of Brooks Cascadia that I LOVE (they're made for trail running), DH has a pair of Brooks that he really seems to like.  I've had New Balance in the past and I've liked them, too.