Oklahoma Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pink--tell me more about the remodeling.

I want to see/hear about the latest project you're working on!  Pleeeeease.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pink--tell me more about the remodeling.

• Hi there! Congrats on your new addition. Okay, I am working on renovating my, um, man friend's house.  It is pretty much a gut job. Well, that's my opinion. We have stained the concrete which was a total mess and I will NEVER do that again.  I have repainted...everything. Right now I am wrapping up the kitchen. OMG, it was so gross.  I haven't gutted it like I did my kitchen because the bones and layout are really cute plus the cabinets are good quality.  I sanded down the cabinets and painted them gray.  Added new hardware, a new light fixture and we are going appliance shopping this weekend - squeal!  I got granite and a backsplash picked out but I don't think he likes it because he appears to be dragging his feet on that.  So, we'll see. Next up is his bathroom.  It just needs to be blown up and started over.  Tee hee hee.

• image HorsePig:

Hi there! Congrats on your new addition. Okay, I am working on renovating my, um, man friend's house.  It is pretty much a gut job. Well, that's my opinion. We have stained the concrete which was a total mess and I will NEVER do that again.  I have repainted...everything. Right now I am wrapping up the kitchen. OMG, it was so gross.  I haven't gutted it like I did my kitchen because the bones and layout are really cute plus the cabinets are good quality.  I sanded down the cabinets and painted them gray.  Added new hardware, a new light fixture and we are going appliance shopping this weekend - squeal!  I got granite and a backsplash picked out but I don't think he likes it because he appears to be dragging his feet on that.  So, we'll see. Next up is his bathroom.  It just needs to be blown up and started over.  Tee hee hee.

Thank you! Oh my, sounds like you have quite the project going on!! I'd love for you to post some before and afters...here or on Facebook! I hope y'all are able to figure out the backsplash and granite. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will definitely post some pics on facebook. I was told very specifically that I was not allowed to post befores (up until six months ago this was one of his rental properties and his tenant DESTROYED the place, I can't believe people live like that!!).  He was very, um, skeptical about my color scheme in the kitchen, even after his dad, brother, and sister in law were all sorts of squeal-y about it, so I am really happy it looks like what I wanted it to. I can't wait until it is done!!!

I REALLY can't wait until we do the bathroom. I am thinking shiny, translucent subway tile all the way to the ceiling...a girl can dream....