Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tea Party Bridal Shower - ISO Vintage and/or Shabby Chic type decor- HELP !

I am a bridesmaid for my sister-in-law's wedding - we are hosting a ladies luncheon/tea party themed bridal shower for her in March. I am looking to get some decor, some things that are vintage and/or shabby chic style to use as decoration in various areas of the room.

Do any of you ladies have anything your looking to sell or know where I can get some items, and ideas are appreciated. TIA ! 

Re: Tea Party Bridal Shower - ISO Vintage and/or Shabby Chic type decor- HELP !

• Fun theme :)

I wouldn't mess with things to put around - they'd just be a waste.  Put out fresh flowers in romantic vases.  Victorian-era photos of ancestors of the couple would be sweet as well.  The great thing about this theme is that you can borrow everything from the other hostesses/friends/family: teacups, vases, candlesticks, antique tablecloths, serving dishes. 

I did a quick image google and found these photos.  There's nothing in any of these photos that can't be borrowed easily from friends, aunts, etc.

• A friend of my had a vintage tea party for her daughter's birthday.  She purchased many of her decor from local 2nd hand shops.  She kept the linens and flowers plain, and the colorful mismatched tea sets really stood out.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

• I like the mismatched tea sets! i went to a shower that had that and it was really nice (i think the hostess contacted her church to ask for loaners).  my shower theme was "weddings through the ages" and the guests were asked to bring their/their parents/grandparents wedding pictures and even dresses.  the pics were framed and displayed and the dresses were hung to display as well.  it was so unique an pretty!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersimage