Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: Coupon Sleuths (Lowe's)

J and I have been wanting to replace our water heater this coming year.  Turns out, if you buy a hybrid heater by 12/31/12 you can a rebate up to $1000.00, depending on your area.  Also, these heaters range from 999-1200ish.  Lowe's has the one we want, ready to pick up, but it's about $1100.  I can get 3% cash back (score!) with ebates, but I tried to use my coupon code for 10% off and it won't work!

I realize that I'm being really cheap here, but since it's already such a huge discount, it feels like a personal challenge to get it as cheaply as possible.  Especially since it has to be professionally installed to qualify for the rebate and our friend is willing to do it for food, beer, and a welding lesson from J.

Does anyone know any tricks to finding a code online for anything off at Lowe's? I will take anything, $5.00, 10%, etc.  I'm usually good at finding good deals online, but I'm coming up with a loss. Mostly, I'm just trying to cover the cost of the sales tax if at all possible.

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wes: 10/8/2012

Re: NBR: Coupon Sleuths (Lowe's)

• Did you google Lowe's coupon codes?  Retailmenot has some but not sure if they would apply

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
    http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/
  • image myJunegirls:
    Did you google Lowe's coupon codes?  Retailmenot has some but not sure if they would apply

So far it seems that Lowe's has gotten good with their coupons.  They all have individual codes, not the SAVE10 like a lot of sites have. I even did a image search and either the codes are blocked out or they didn't have any on the coupon.

I will try the ones on Retailmenot!  The success rate seems to be about 4%. Maybe I'll get lucky!

116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• My sister works for Lowe's and they are pretty stingy with their coupons. The only other thing I can think of is to swing by the post office and see if they have a change of address packet. Those usually come with Home Depot or Lowe's coupons.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image caseyandlizzie:
    My sister works for Lowe's and they are pretty stingy with their coupons. The only other thing I can think of is to swing by the post office and see if they have a change of address packet. Those usually come with Home Depot or Lowe's coupons.

We did try that, but now they only give you a coupon code and then they mail you the coupon.  We did try to sign up for it and maybe do a price adjustment if they allow that, but they claimed the coupon code was invalid.

::shakes fists::

But, really, I'm just being anal.  I mean, a couple hundred for an awesome water heater? I really shouldn't complain.

116 books in 2016

my read shelf: