May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Q of the Day

As a child what did you want to be when you grow up? Did it come true or did it change?

Re: Q of the Day

• I wanted to be an actress...I did all kinds of theater, did an intership with a small film company in the area but somehow life took over and now im not doing anything I thought I be doing. haha! 
    "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • I wanted to be a zoologist.  That def changed, as I'm a nurse instead.  
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• I wanted nothing more than to be a teacher.  I would make up worksheets, and my father would bring them to work and make copies, then I'd sit at home, and fill them out, pretending to be different students, and finally, I'd 'grade' them. haha.  I was all kinds of serious about being a teacher.

Until my senior year of college, when I did my student teaching.  I'm not sure how much of it was the cooperating teacher I worked with (I was her first ST, and they didn't allow her to have any others after me) or what, but I really didn't enjoy the political side of teaching.  I also had these grand ideas of projects and hands-on learning, and the teacher I was with did nothing but worksheets.  Guess that's what I get for all my fake worksheets growing up!

I did find the perfect job when I was living in STL.. I worked at the Science Center, going out into schools doing fun science-y stuff with the kids to show them that science exists outside of a textbook.  All the fun, none of the politics or discipline!  :)

Now? I do payroll.  Whoo!

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
    Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
    Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
    Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

• Actress was definitely #2.  I was also involved in lots of community theater..  But that's as far as it went :)

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,

• I wanted to be a Lawyer. I even did an internship with a Lawyer and some job shadowing. Once I got to college I realized I hated the paperwork and time it took away from family. So I got my degree in Criminal Justice and plan to be a Police Dispatcher. BUT right now life has lead me to be a secretary/accounts payable. 
  • I wanted to be an astronomer!! I was so fasinated by the stars and planets and space. I still am. But I am not an astronomer LOL

Baby Foster Due March 12, 2014 It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker image

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby 3-12-14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• image lnvane00:
    I wanted to be an astronomer!! I was so fasinated by the stars and planets and space. I still am. But I am not an astronomer LOL

I used to really want to be on Double Dare because they gave away weeks at Space Camp all the time :)

Anniversary

• I wanted to own my own dance studio. Now I'm a litigation paralegal. Not at all the same thing!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image zamboni00:

image lnvane00:
    I wanted to be an astronomer!! I was so fasinated by the stars and planets and space. I still am. But I am not an astronomer LOL

I used to really want to be on Double Dare because they gave away weeks at Space Camp all the time :)

Double Dare!!!  OMG my sister and I would RUN home to catch Double Dare after school.  We thought that was the best show on earth for a lot of years. 

I was going to be a ballerina with the NYballet company.  Got as far as a scholarship to a program and then blew out my knee a couple of months before the academy started.  I cried for weeks and honestly did just awful my first year of college because I was depressed and wanted to be in the dance academy.  Geez...the drama of an 18 year old! 

• I always wanted to open my own candy/sweet shop and still do to this day. I have a degree in zoology and wanted to be a zookeeper for a really long time as well. I interned at the Detoit Zoo for a month in the animal hospital and it was the best month I've ever had!! I've kind of stuck along the same lines except now I work with dogs and cats instead of more exotic animals.
    Hey, Hey Hockeytown!photo hockeytown_zps6a7377b0.jpg
  • I actually wanted to be a professional hockey player. It was my dream to play for UNH, as they were always a top college program. I ended up not playing in high school because (a few reasons really) I would never play varsity. There was a girl on the JV team, but she wasn't allowed to play varisty. Now the high school has a girls' team. And, obviously, women don't play in the NHL. But the Olympics would have been the goal.

All through high school I wanted more than anything to be an English teacher. Went to college and I had a grad student for one English class and he pretty much turned me off (he goes down as the worst instructor pretty much ever. Always gave me D's, but no constructive critism. And when I tried to talk to him, he brushed me off).

Now I'm a kitchen designer looking for a career change in dental hygiene!

• I wanted to be a vet, and a Mom :)

I'm not a vet, and I'm not a mom... Yet! 

• A park ranger.... did it for a summer seasonal job then listened to all my parkie friends who told me I should aim for more/different.

So it came true then changed (too much dumb visitor interaction/trash pickup) 

• image vineyard12:

I actually wanted to be a professional hockey player. It was my dream to play for UNH, as they were always a top college program. I ended up not playing in high school because (a few reasons really) I would never play varsity. There was a girl on the JV team, but she wasn't allowed to play varisty. Now the high school has a girls' team. And, obviously, women don't play in the NHL. But the Olympics would have been the goal.

Yep.  This is me.  (But I only had thought about playing for our HS, not the olympics!  My cousin played for UNH, I believe...  years ago) They told my friend and I that while they couldn't stop us from trying out for, or making the team, the guys would make it very obvious to us that they didn't want us on the team.  In other words, bug off.  The HS now has a girls team, and they practice and play at my rink.  There's a large part of me that's happy these girls get to play, but it always stings just a little. 

Anniversary

• I had always wanted to be a Marine Biologist...we used to have Sea World here in ohio and I had to be dragged away...then it went to a dolphin/whale trainer...then I went to Fl and swam in the ocean and went NOPE ..too scared of sharks haha..among a few other reasons..but I LOVE my dolphins still :)

Then it changed to Vet.  I have always been a huge animal nut and still am :)   but then I realized how much school there is involved and I am wayyyyyyyy to emotional with death and animals...plus under pressure Im not very good with..

Then it became vet tech..just a step down...well I work at Petsmart....and at least around here..I make more and have better hrs then any vet techs I know..and half the stress...so guess Im staying here lol. 

I am a big hobby photographer and would LOVE to make it a career someday..hmm..lol...till then..Petsmart has me :)

• I wanted to be a lawyer and then a photographer. I just grew out of wanting to be a lawyer, I guess and decided I wanted to stick with photography just for fun. Now I work in fund raising for a nonprofit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• I wanted to be a vet... after highschool I knew i'd never have the grades to get into veterinary college, and I care TOO much about animals.. i'd never be able to put someone's dog down or something... 

I then wanted to be a pharmacist (starting university) then realised I was no good at university level science.. don't have the memory for it.. and I got into Human Justice. Which i LOVE! I'm working as a legal assistant now, not my DREAM job.. my dream job is working with young offenders... however, those jobs aren't plentiful (though they should be) and are really hard to get into.. so i'm happy where I am... for now...  

View Full Size Image