May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

All About ~*VINEYARD12*~

Name:

Zodiac Sign?

Wedding Date?

Occupation?

Any siblings? Names?

Any pets? What kind? Names?

Any children?

What state do you live in? City?

What kind of car do you drive?

What kind of car do you want to drive?

Why do you like the Nest?

What is your favorite restaurant?

What is your least favorite chore?

What is your favorite chore?

Where do you like to vacation?

Who is your favorite celebrity? Why?

Do you watch sports? If so what's your favorite?

Who was your first celebrity crush?

Do you still have your tonsils?

What is your favorite cereal?

What is the first thing you notice about people?

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Scary movies or happy endings?

What is the best advice given do you?

What kind of music do you like and favorite artist?

What was your first cd/tape/album purchased?

Who is you hero and why?

What is your dream job?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite holiday?

Apple juice or orange juice?

Are you a morning or night person?

Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?

Ninjas or pirates?

What was your favorite childhood television program?

Are you a collector of anything?

If you could be any animal, what would you be?

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

What is usually your first thought when you wake up?

What do you usually think about right before falling asleep?

What's your favorite animal?

Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?

Do you believe in ghosts?

Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)?

You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on?

Have any bad habits?

Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy?

Any tattoos or piercings?

What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?

Are you mostly a clean or messy person?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Name one regret you have:

Name one thing you miss about being a kid:

Name one thing you love about being an adult:

What's your favorite song of the moment?

What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?

Have any hidden talents?

You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal?

Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love?

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?

Name one thing not many people know about you:

How do you feel about cookies?

And last but not least, Do you like Turtles?

Hey, Hey Hockeytown!photo hockeytown_zps6a7377b0.jpg

Re: All About ~*VINEYARD12*~

• Yay! So excited to do this!

Name: Melissa

Zodiac Sign? Aquarius. I'm also a groundhog!

Wedding Date? May 12, 2012

Occupation? Kitchen designer. But I am going back to school for dental hygiene

Any siblings? Names? I have two brothers, and I am in the middle! Jeff is 5 years older, and Jeremy is 5 years younger!

Any pets? What kind? Names? We have two cats. Azriel will be 10 in April. He is all black and super furry. He may be 10, but he is still as spastic as a kitten. Bailey (H's cat) is around 8 or 9. She's a fat orange and white, lazy cat.

Any children? No. Hopefully in two years

What state do you live in? City? I live in a small college town called Bridgewater. We are halfway between Boston and Cape Cod.

What kind of car do you drive? An Acura TSX

What kind of car do you want to drive? My next car I am thinking of getting the 2014 Forester XT. As much as I love my car, I want more trunk space and AWD

Why do you like the Nest? The support! When I first came to TK a lot of the boards scared me because people just seemed so rude! I was pleased to find the May 2012 board so friendly and supportive. I couldn't leave after the wedding so I was happy that we all (most anyway) made their way to TN :)

What is your favorite restaurant? It used to be this place called Stoneforge, but something changed and their quality went down considerably. Not sure if they have new ownership, management, or head chef, but their food isn't worth it anymore. Our area doesn't have a lot of locally owned places, there are a lot of chains, so it's hard. We like Longhorn's for their steak.

What is your least favorite chore? Cleaning the toilet

What is your favorite chore? Changing the sheets. Nothing like getting into bed at night in clean sheets!

Where do you like to vacation? A few years ago we bought a camper, so we like to try different campgrounds. We've been camping on Cape Cod, Sebago lake in Maine, and NH.

Who is your favorite celebrity? Why? Not so sure I have a favorite celebrity.

Do you watch sports? If so what's your favorite? Cycling. I have been into cycling since I was a kid. My oldest brother was a competitive cyclist and I loved watching him race. And we always watched the Tour de France. Every July you'll find me watching every single stage!

Who was your first celebrity crush? hmmmm.....

Do you still have your tonsils? Yes

What is your favorite cereal? Cocoa Krispies!

What is the first thing you notice about people? Their appearence. I think how someone dresses tells you a lot about that person. I'm not saying this to be judgemental, but it's something you just notice.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Fuscia

Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings, of course!

What is the best advice given do you? Do who you are.

What kind of music do you like and favorite artist? I love Michael Jackson.  He was an absolute genius and a lot of music today was influenced by him. I was really sad when he died, and sometimes it's still hard to believe! I dispised Rhianna. He voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

What was your first cd/tape/album purchased? Thriller. On tape.

Who is you hero and why? Several months ago I would have said Lance Armstrong. But since the cheating scandal, my opinion has changed. My feelings are rather conflicted by this. I am pissed he lied about it, but there is this other part of me that says "everyone else cheated." I could go on and on about this, but I won't bore you. He was my hero because of the things he did to give hope to those with cancer. He began a foundation that I still believe in.

What is your dream job? In another life I would have been a famous writer

What is your favorite color? Pink. Blue. Purple. I can't decide!

What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. I love the joy it brings to people. It's not about getting gifts. I like to give and see people's faces when they open them up. I love family gatherings and the food, of course.

Apple juice or orange juice? Orange. I hate apple juice

Are you a morning or night person? Neither! Lol. I hate getting up (6am) and I am usually in bed around 9- 9:30pm. I used to be such a night owl!

Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Depends on my mood. But I do love salty snacks, like peanuts or popcorn

Ninjas or pirates? Ninjas

What was your favorite childhood television program? 3-2-1 Contact. Wonder if anyone remembers this show?

Are you a collector of anything? Elephants. My grandmother collected elephants from her travels and kept them on this two tiered table in the "parlor." My cousin and I used to play with them when we visited on Saturdays. When my grandmother passed away, my cousin and I split the elephants up, so we each got half. I still collect them when they "speak" to me.

If you could be any animal, what would you be? A bird.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To fly

What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Aw crap. I have to get up?

What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? I don't wanna go to work tomorrow!

What's your favorite animal? I don't think I have one favorite, as I am fascinated by wildlife. I love polar bears and they need to be saved! I love how penguins waddle. Sharks are amazing and mysterious. There is so much we still don't know about them. At one time in my life, I wanted to study Great whites and find out where they go and how they mate.

Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? I feel like there has to be something else out there. We can't be the only ones here. Not so sure I believe in aliens, per say.

Do you believe in ghosts? The jury is still out on that one...

Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? No 

You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Pay off student loans and take a nice trip somewhere. Then invest the rest for a rainy day.

Have any bad habits? I bite my nails sometimes

Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Gum chewing

Any tattoos or piercings? No tattoos. I used to have my tongue pierced until a few years ago. That was my only piercing. Now I have nothing. Not even my ears.

What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Their smile

Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Relatively clean. I tend to have piles (mail or clothes), but even those are organized.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I would love to live in Paris.  I have this vision of living in a little cottage surrounded by gardens of flowers and vegtables. I see myself riding an old steel bike with a basket on the front riding to the market for bread and fresh fruit. But I also envision myself in the city with a view of the Eiffel tower, spending time at the cafes and writing the next great novel (not Nicolas Sparks type, but Great Gatsby great)

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Paris, Rome, Venice, Lisbon

Name one regret you have: I try not to regret things because they can hold you back. You can't go back in time to change things and I guess I wouldn't because I look at them as learning experiences and they made me who I am today. However, I wish I hadn't been so nervous to walk down the aisle because I didn't smile. Even though I thought I did.

Name one thing you miss about being a kid: Saturday morning cartoons and family trips to the beach

Name one thing you love about being an adult: Being able to drive. I love to drive. I find it relaxing.

What's your favorite song of the moment? Jason Mraz "I Won't Give Up"

What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Watch a movie with my handsome hubby!

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Read if it's rainy. If it's a nice day, I like to go for a long bike ride. If it's snowy, snow shoeing.

Have any hidden talents? Nope

You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and salad.

Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? True love

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?

1. the treatment I am about go on to work

2. have children

3. everlasting love and happiness

Name one thing not many people know about you: I have hepatitis C. There. I said it. It's out. I'm not ashamed of it, but it's not something I discuss. I have no idea how I got it. Most likely it was a blood tranfusion when I had heart surgery when I was a baby. I was diagnosed in '04 and went on a hellish treatment. It didn't work. But I am about to begin it again, and side effects will be worse this time.

How do you feel about cookies? Mmmmm....cookies!

And last but not least, Do you like Turtles? Yes. I wouldn't keep them as pets, but I like them.

• my dad is way into cycling these days, going on a 75 mile race every other weekend in the summer.

I love these "all about" posts! Great to get to know you Melissa! Thanks for taking the time :-)

photo enhanced-buzz-23740-1333550931-30_zpsdc46930f.jpg

Anniversary
  • image geojam224:

my dad is way into cycling these days, going on a 75 mile race every other weekend in the summer.

I love these "all about" posts! Great to get to know you Melissa! Thanks for taking the time :-)

It was fun to do! It's nice to learn about people!

I should also point out that I have done a few charity rides: two for LiveStrong (40 mile and 70 miles) and one for RideMS (50 miles). Hope to do more in the future.

• image vineyard12:

What was your favorite childhood television program? 3-2-1 Contact. Wonder if anyone remembers this show?

What's your favorite song of the moment? Jason Mraz "I Won't Give Up"

YES!!!  *singing* Contact, it's the answer, it's the reason, that everything happens... haha.

I loved it.  Sigh..  they just don't make 'em like they used to!

Not sure why, but this just reminded me of another show that I used to love.  I was way too old to watch it when it came out, but I loved it anyhow...  Square One!

Also, I love that song..  I first heard it not long before our weddings, and was tempted to make it our first dance song... but we went with the song that had sort of been 'our song' all along after all.  :)

Vineyard,  thanks for doing this!  I loved reading your answers!! 

Anniversary

After 2 years of TTC, lots of tests, and a Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove several polyps,
    Clomid/IUI #1 3/14: cancelled due to surprise BFP 3/8/14.
    Beta 1 3/11: 398  Beta 2 3/13: 728  Beta 3 3/20: 11,482 
    Surprise BFP turns into Surprise Twins! 

Zoey and Garrett born 10/24/14 at 36+3

• Great post!!  Love these "getting to know you" posts.  I feel like it helps me get to know all of you even more!

I have a friend who also had/has Hep C.  I understand completely the stigma that happens with this.  His story: he used to do a lot of traveling with his family (they are quite wealthy) to bring supplies and build for communities in other countries.  Well...he went overseas and was walking through a little town and literally out of nowhere this guy comes up to him and sticks him with a needle.  He immediately went to a dr. in this little village and nothing was picked up.  Low and behold when he got home he went to his dr. and they ran all the tests and discovered Hep C.  He did do a treatment (sorry I can't remember what it was called) and it was successful.  It is something that he still tests for yearly but otherwise feeling great.  I wish only a positive outcome for this treatment you are going to begin.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!

• image littleshrink:

Great post!!  Love these "getting to know you" posts.  I feel like it helps me get to know all of you even more!

I have a friend who also had/has Hep C.  I understand completely the stigma that happens with this.  His story: he used to do a lot of traveling with his family (they are quite wealthy) to bring supplies and build for communities in other countries.  Well...he went overseas and was walking through a little town and literally out of nowhere this guy comes up to him and sticks him with a needle.  He immediately went to a dr. in this little village and nothing was picked up.  Low and behold when he got home he went to his dr. and they ran all the tests and discovered Hep C.  He did do a treatment (sorry I can't remember what it was called) and it was successful.  It is something that he still tests for yearly but otherwise feeling great.  I wish only a positive outcome for this treatment you are going to begin.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed!

Thank you. Hep C can lay dormant in your body for years before you even know about it. Back when I had my surgery (1977, I was one), they didn't test blood for these things. The first time I did the treatment, it consisted of a shot (once a week) and one pill. Now, I have the shot, the same pill I took before, and an additional pill that has to be taken 3x a day, 7-9 hours apart, and with 20g of fat. I've heard there are good results with this treatment, so I am hopeful.

• I love these posts! It really is a good way to get to know each other. I hope you have sucess with the treatment!!!!
  • Thanks for sharing Melissa! I love reading these!! Good luck with your treatments.... Fingers crossed all goes well for you!
    View Full Size Image