May 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Q of the Day

How often do you wash... your towels? ... your bras? ...your sheets? ...your coats?
image Anniversary

Re: Q of the Day

• How often do you wash... your towels? ... your bras? ...your sheets? ...your coats? 1. Towels: when they are dirty or left on the floor...so at least weekly if not more often

2. Bras: I usually wear bras twice before washing them, unless I am working, then they get washed as soon as they are warn (Working in a shelter I am paraniod about bedbugs and wash everything I wear as soon as I get home.

3. Sheets: Not enough....every couple months maybe?

4. Coats: Only if they look dirty or have something stuck on them...

• Towels: I try to every week...if not every 2 for sure

Bras: I do all my laundry at the end of the week, and have 4 bras.. so I guess they probably get worn 2-3 times depending on the week and then get washed on Sunday

Sheets: Every 2 weeks

Coats: Unless they're really dirty and i've gotten something on them, usually at the end of the season.  

View Full Size Image
  • Towels: We have SO many towels, one of these days Im taking the ratty ones to the SPCA...we wash our favorites every week 

Bras: I do all my laundry at the end of the week , everything goes in.

Sheets: I should do this way more often, I just do them when I feel skivvy haah...like now they need to be done. 

Coats: Unless they're really dirty and i've gotten something on them, usually at the end of the season.  

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly"
  • Towel:  I got a ton of towels for my shower so I don't wash them until I have a full load, but they get changed on Sun and Wed.  

Bras: 3 wearings and then hand washed

Sheets: weekly, mattress and feather bed covers and pillow covers every other week, blankets, comforter and  pillows once a month, I'd wash them more frequently but the comforter and the pillows are down and take forever to dry.

Coats: at the end of each season and then stored unless I get something on them and they have to be washed.   

Anniversary PersonalMilestone 

• Towels - every week

Bras - I'll wear them 2 or 3 times before I wash them... sometimes more (I always sniff test lol!)

Sheets - every two weeks, give or take

Coats - uuhhh.... maybe twice during the season, it depends if they look dirty really.

• image kushie77:

Towel:  I got a ton of towels for my shower so I don't wash them until I have a full load, but they get changed on Sun and Wed.  

Bras: 3 wearings and then hand washed

Sheets: weekly, mattress and feather bed covers and pillow covers every other week, blankets, comforter and  pillows once a month, I'd wash them more frequently but the comforter and the pillows are down and take forever to dry.

Coats: at the end of each season and then stored unless I get something on them and they have to be washed.   

Do you wash your down comforter in your washing machine, what type of washer do you have? I used to wash mine in my front load washers, but I've moved into an apartment with the top load washer and I'm scared I'll destroy my comforter.

• Towels: Every week.

Bras: I totally use the sniff test, haha.

Sheets: I wash pillowcases every week. Sheets I'll do every 2-3 weeks.

Coats: Probably once a year. Although I have a white winter coat that I love and wear the most so that usually gets washed at least 3 times during the winter.

image Anniversary
  • Towels: weekly when I do laundry

Beas: totally do the sniff test but usually I throw it in the laundry every week. 2-3 washes depending on my days

Sheets: usually every 2 months during the winter but during the summer every month

Coats: once a season unless it's dirty or smells 

• your towels? ... Weekly your bras? ...Weekly your sheets? ...Every 2 weeks your coats? end of season or if they get extra dirty
  • Towels: After every shower, I usually do a load of towels and H's work clothes every day

Bras: Once a week. 

Sheets: 2 x a week. I realize this is way more than necessary, but a huge improvement from changing our sheets every other day like I used to. I have sheet washing ocd :-)

Coats: Once a season, unless I get them dirty

• How often do you wash...

your towels? Once a week.

your bras? Every two months.

your sheets? Once a week.

your coats? Once a month.

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This post officially makes me feel terrible and grody.

Towels: use them for about a week but do a load every month (we got that many at my bridal shower!)

Bras: every two months or so?

Sheets: monthly

Coats: Unless they're stained I use that at home dry cleaning stuff about once a year.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

imageimage

• This discussion makes me want to go home and do laundry now! How often do you wash your.....towels? They get used about 3x before I use a fresh one. Then wash ....your bras? Once a month, but in the summer more often. Sports bras can get worn maybe twice before I wash it. Depends. ....your sheets? Every week. ....your coats? Once a season, unless they get dirty. I have a white jacket, so if it gets something on it, or the sleeves are looking like hell, then I wash.